Ceremony of the Keys

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 07:20 PM
Dave

Ceremony of the Keys

Any tips on getting tickets to this activity at the Tower of London? Fodors London 2001 p. 99 suggests sending a request with SASE to London. What is the postage from UK back to US and how do I purchase that postage in pounds in the US?

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 01:49 AM
Tangata

You write to:--

The Ceremony of the Keys,
Waterloo Block,
HM Tower of London,
London,
England, EC3N 4AB.

I can't tell you what the postage is, but I believe thatyour PO could help.

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 04:15 AM
elaine

At your post office in the US you purchase International Reply Coupons which you enclose in the mailing envelope along with a large self-addressed
return envelope. There is some
confusion over whether you should enclose one coupon or two, I've read different instructions on different websites. I believe when I did it I enclosed two just to be safe.
When you write you must provide alternate dates for seeing ceremony as well as the names, ages, and addresses of the people in your party.Allow about 6 weeks for a reply.
www.tower-of-london.com
www.hrp.org.uk
www.camelotintl.com/tower_site/
index2.html

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 06:37 AM
Sheila

I followed the directions from this website with the two coupons and received my tickets within 2 weeks. I specified 3 different dates and got one of the dates I requested. You will also need each person's name, address and their age. They send student tickets for children with their ages on them (they did on my tickets). I was supprised to get them back so quickly. My tickets are for June so you can write several months in advance. Hope this helps.

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 08:16 AM
greg

I believe two is what they want. I followed an instruction to send "a" Reply Coupon and while I got the tickets, I also got a letter saying how it costs them alot to send these tickets, a subtle hint that one was not enough? Looking at the postage on the envelope, it was little bit more than one Reply Coupon worth. I think the guides describing how to obtain the tickets should be very specific about the number of Coupons needed.

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 08:31 AM
peggy

Go for it, even if you fear you may be too late. I send my letter to the Tower 2 weeks ago requesting tickets on one of 2 dates in February, and I just received the tickets.

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 06:56 PM
Dave

Thanks for the suggestions!