Cell Phone Rentals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:37 AM
tom

Cell Phone Rentals

Is a cell phone rental recommended when traveling in Europe? specifically Italy

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:17 AM
linda

tom, I am at this moment waiting for fed-ex to pick up a cell phone which I used last week in the UK. With an AVIS car rental the phone was "free", but I had to pay $25 in advance for delivery and pick-up. It was $1 per minute to call anywhere in the world and would have been $5 per day rental if I had it for a period longer than a week. At first it seemed expensive and then I thought about all the high dollar phone bills I received when calling from hotels. Because I was going to be driving on some less traveled roads and in uncertain weather I decided it would be a prudent choice. I used Worldcell at (888) 967-5323. <BR><BR>good luck,<BR>linda

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Rex

tom:<BR><BR>I have rented, and I have purchased, and I now think that purchasing is the way to go. In fact, the phone I purchased seems to be "circulating" from one Fodorite to another. I sold it after I got home, and just last week, I referred someone from this forum to the buyer - - to "buy it onward" - - who knows, it may become like a lending library!?<BR><BR>For more info on this, see this thread here, on this forum. I will top it for you now.<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1323447<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Rex

topping for tom - - with the board down so much tonight, I hope that he and other newbies will still come back and visit.<BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 03:56 PM
Ann Marie

Rented from a UK agency & got ripped off big-time. Next time I will buy one over there!