Search

Cell Phone

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cell Phone

Please help. My kids are in France until July 21. They took my Samsung r225m phone with them. T-Mobile here assured me this phone would operate in France. All info I can find backs up that claim. The problem is, the girls are there and the phone is not working. When powered on, it just keeps searching for a network. When trying to manually set the phone to a network, Orange France, SFR Ceqetel, and Bouvqes Telecom all show as options but the girls say it won't allow them to select one. T-Mobile customer service here has been painfully slow to respond and when they do, the responses have been elementary and they don't seem too concerned that time is of the essence. The trip will be over before we solve the problem. Any help would be great!!!
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 05:39 AM

Did you arrange for the international roaming to be activated in advance? It is not automatically provided even if the phone is GSM.

If you don't get responses over the phone, walk up to a store counter or kiosk and talk to someone personally. Have your account info with you.
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 05:47 AM

<u>http://www.t-mobile.com/international/roamOverview.asp</u>

Call while you roam overseas.
Now you can talk about international travel while you’re still overseas. From sightseeing to business, your T-Mobile phone has you covered worldwide. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3:

<b>Activate WorldClass service before you go</b>—it’s free.
Complete the WorldClass activation form

or

Old Jul 15th, 2005, 08:47 AM
ira

ttt
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 10:22 AM

The respondents are right - you should have arranged overseas roaming in advance, before leaving for France. T-Mobile would need to send a sim-update to your phone so that your phone will log onto an overseas network. Without it it's useless, and T-M cannot send sim update to a phone that isn't logged on to any partner network.
The only option for your children is to get a local sim if your phone is unlocked, or buy a cheap payg phone with sim, which starts from around 69 euro. They will need an ID like passport and it will take a while to get overseas calling enabled, but they can still receive calls from you.