CDG Arrival Conection

Search

CDG Arrival Conection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDG Arrival Conection

In June we will arrive at Gate 2F at 6 a.m. and have another flight to Rome leaving at 7:15 a.m. from 2C.

We have done this kind of thing before and I recall it is not so easy. Both the incoming and outgoing flights are with Air France, our luggage will be checked through to Rome.

Please walk me through the steps: shuttle, where to get it; do we have enough time; etc.

Thanks!

Anthony
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 04:43 AM
ira

Hi P,

Here is a map of CDG2.
http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01.nsf/$$Affich@ReadForm&cle=X5005A05A4.html

I think that you can walk from 2F to 2C.

From whence will you be arriving?

Old Feb 8th, 2005, 04:48 AM

Pardon the voice of doom, but I've found that the time we touch down at CDG and the time that we actually deplane are very different (not to mention one's position in the plane itself). I wish you didn't have to cut it so close. J.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

Ira, we are coming from JFK. I think the distance between Gates is far and walking impractical. Shuttle bus better?

We do not have to retrieve luggage and I think with no unusual dealys we can make it.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 05:28 AM

powell:

Take a look at this website: http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01.nsf/0/7D6D3B8F4EDA9373C1256B1F0059E5CB/$File/CircuitsNavettes.pdf

It looks as though you have a choice of shuttles, most of them leaving every 5-8 minutes. They appear to be color-coded.

Good luck - those connections at CDG are murder!
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

St. Cirq, Thanks, as always.

The one consolation I have is that there are a number of CDG-Rome flights during the rest of the day should we miss our connection.Without luggage to retieve, however, I am mildly optimistic we will make it.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 06:06 AM

Powell:

If it's any consolation, I have made a number of hair-raising connections at CDG on Air France, and they have always held the plane for a few minutes. As you'll see, most of the people heading toward flights at Terminal 2F will look as though they are in cardiac arrest. But you and they will all make the flight.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 07:29 AM

We had a similar connection last year. As we got off the plane there was someone directing passengers to the shuttle buses.

However, I have to tell you that our plane arrived late due to a lot of traffic trying to land at the same time. (8:20 AM) And the shuttle buses were quite full and made a lot of stops until it got to our gate.

After we got off the bus we just followed the signs to the gate.

We had to go through security again and there was a long line with only one working xray machine. This is when we started to panic. We arrived at the second gate just as they were boarding the plane to Rome.

One thing that might be in your favor is that your flights are earlier than ours was so I would imagine there will be much less congestion at 6 AM.

But it was very helpful to have someone directing us to the shuttles. And in my planning, Air France kept telling me that if we missed the connecting plane, they have other flights to Rome all day....at least that's what they said.

Good luck.