Reload this Page >

MEETING PLACE IN PARIS

Search

MEETING PLACE IN PARIS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 06:29 AM
Kelly

MEETING PLACE IN PARIS

We are flying into Frankfurt and meeting friends at Charles Dugal (sp?) in Paris. Will it be difficult to find/meet them? If so, does anyone have any suggestions as to where a good place to meet would be? <BR>Thank you in advance for your assitance.

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 07:31 AM
Jeanne

Hi Kelly: <BR> <BR>A couple of things about arriving at De Gaulle (CDG for short. If you fly in from Frankfort, you need to figureout which terminal you are arriving at-1 or 2. 1 is used for international flights except for Air France, which has international flights coming into terminal 2, but is also used for "short hop" international. So unless you can find out in advance which terminal yo are coming into, then I would just pick a meeting place at one and meet at a door". The doors are numbered and the best way to decide might be to take a look at the eyewitness travel guide-in mine on page 360 they have good photos of both terminals. I also have found on-line maps of the airport, so you can search for Charles De Gaulle airport and I am sure you will find a map-if you have trouble-ask me, I may still have it filed. Anyway, meeting below a certain door is the easiest I have found and of course, it is best if you know which terminal you will land at-but there are shuttles between them in a pinch ifyo guess wrong! <BR> <BR>Jeanne

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 07:32 AM
Jeanne

Hi Kelly: <BR> <BR>A couple of things about arriving at De Gaulle (CDG for short. If you fly in from Frankfort, you need to figureout which terminal you are arriving at-1 or 2. 1 is used for international flights except for Air France, which has international flights coming into terminal 2, but is also used for "short hop" international. So unless you can find out in advance which terminal yo are coming into, then I would just pick a meeting place at one and meet at a door". The doors are numbered and the best way to decide might be to take a look at the eyewitness travel guide-in mine on page 360 they have good photos of both terminals. I also have found on-line maps of the airport, so you can search for Charles De Gaulle airport and I am sure you will find a map-if you have trouble-ask me, I may still have it filed. Anyway, meeting below a certain door is the easiest I have found and of course, it is best if you know which terminal you will land at-but there are shuttles between them in a pinch ifyo guess wrong! <BR> <BR>Jeanne

Jeanne

Lee

Kelly: Since you are flying into Frankfurt, I'm curious as to why you are meeting in Paris. How are you getting there? Another flight on another day? <BR> <BR>I take it you are meeting your friends at the airport, either when you arrive or when they arrive. You could pick a certain airline desk, such as "Air France" or a certain gate. If you are flying say, Lufthansa, then you could meet at terminal #1, Gate 28, which is also the "RER" pickup point. Just select a time to meet. <BR> <BR>The airport is the "Charles De Gaulle" or known as "CDG". <BR> <BR>I would select a secondary meeting point, such as a hotel, if possible. Just in case there is a flight delay or cancellation. <BR> <BR>Maybe more details might help. <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 08:27 AM
Kelly

Thank you for your responses. Here are a few more details. <BR>We are flying into Frankfurt and taking the train to Paris to meet our friends. We thought we could either meet at an airline counter or outside of customs, but I was unsure of the size of the airport and whether it would be possible. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 06:42 PM
john

To add to the advice of Jeanne and Lee, you may want to consider meeting at the Hertz car rental counter because there are overhead signs where to find them. Just make sure you are in the right terminal as Jeanne suggested and which is easy to find out for the flight in question.