Casual Lunch and Dinner Recommendations in Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you kindly share your recommendations for NON TOURISTY restaurants for casual lunches in dinners in Florence.

Thank you,

Fredo
Old Aug 26th, 2019, 10:52 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Your questions are all so general. Do you know what part of Florence you are going to be in? That would help people give a more appropriate recommendation.
Old Aug 26th, 2019, 11:01 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Trattoria tipica Firenze | Ristorante Celestino 8 of us ate here and really enjoyed it. The Brown Sugar lounge was one place I remember but this place I really liked is closed now. We ate whatever caught our eye and because we had an apartment we hit the central market and ate a couple of meals in. The veggies, cheese and wine were so good. We drank a lot of wine and the house wine was always good. I want to go back. Go to mass early in the morning at the Dumo. Best way to take it all in.
Old Aug 27th, 2019, 04:05 PM

Earlier this month we had an excellent meal at Osteria Pastella at Via della Scala, 17 R. The crowd was mainly locals including multi-generational families. Service was precise but not stuffy, and everything was very good. Not cheap but not really expensive, either, and worth every penny we paid.
Old Aug 28th, 2019, 07:37 AM

I belong to an art appreciation group which often makes a trip to Florence to see a show. On these occasions, we almost always have lunch at the Leonardo Self Service, at n° 11, Via de Pecori, a stone's throw from the Duomo. It's a very casual cafeteria-style restaurant, where you can get decent lunch at a reasonable price, and in a short time, leaving more time for art appreciation.

The restaurant is up a flight of stairs, and reached by a small and unobtrusive door. I would try for something local, like ribollita, rather than "foreign" fare, like ravioli. They always have what's labelled as "bistecca Fiorentina", but I've never ventured to try that. What they do best is simple hearty dishes.