Reload this Page >

Castles in Ireland

Search

Castles in Ireland

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 07:16 AM
kim

Castles in Ireland

Has anyone stayed in a castle in Ireland? What was your experience like? Was it worth the splurge (the one I have looked at were extremely expensive)? Which ones would you recommend?<BR><BR>Thank you!<BR>Kim

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Sally

I stayed in Dromoland Castle,near Shannon Airport and loved it.I also went to the Bunratty Castle medieval Banquet nearby and enjoyed that too.See www.dromoland.ie for details.It seems to be much cheaper than last year due to the drop in the number of American tourists.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 12:20 PM
upster

upsy

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Dan

I stayed at Kinnitty Castle, a nice 4 star castle in the midlands. way less expensive than Dromoland.

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Dave

A few years ago we stayed at Dromoland. We had a very large room at a very large price. It was good once, but I'm not sure if I would do it again.

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Andrea

I was wondering if some of these castles have guest rooms in buildings separate from the castle..more modern additions?? If so, it doesn't seem worth the price. I have been checking out the websites for the individual castles with that factor in mind before deciding if we'll book one ourselves. I don't know about Dromoland or I'd let you know. Enjoy yourself wherever you land!

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Dottie

We booked a standard room at Dromoland for March. If you look at the picture, I don't really care where the room is located, I am just excited to spend a night in a real castle!

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Andrea

Hi Kim:<BR>Thought you might like to look at some of the other castle threads...I just noticed the one called "Abbeyglen Castle, Clifden, Galway Ireland". Good luck.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 05:13 AM
Cathy

Kim,<BR><BR>Have a look at www.hidden-ireland.com<BR><BR>Cathy