Reload this Page >

Castle featured in "Joe Millionaire"

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:43 AM
beryl

I admit it, I watched &quot;Joe Millionaire,&quot; release the hounds. <BR><BR>The best part of the show was seeing the gorgeous French castle -- does anyone know where it is, what it's called, if it's a private residence or hotel? <BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Brett

Joe SleezeBum?????? He posed in skimpy undywear and ran thru a toll booth without forking over the toll.I wouldnt admit it if i wuz you.Maybe yur neighbors will cream yoh house.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:52 AM
WOW-wow

Perhaps a forum that's discussing the program will have your answer --- try http://www.joe-millionaire-fan-forum.com/<BR>

Old Feb 4th, 2003, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you had not already found it ....<BR><BR>The USA Today had a recent article on the castle. It is Chateau de la Bourdaisiere in the Loire Valley. It has 17 rooms and 3 appartements ranging from 110 ? to 230 ? per night.<BR><BR>Their web site is: <BR> www.jpmoser.com/chateaubourdaisiere.html<BR><BR>My wife suggested we look into staying there on our next trip to France. I correctly pointed out that it will most likely be booked up for the next 50 years !!!<BR><BR>Bonne chance, Claude.
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 07:55 PM
EdnaB

While standing in the supermarket checkout line the other day I saw a headline on one of the tabloids about Joe Millionaire's Gay Scandal. I leafed through and found out that his gay scandal is that since doing the show he has received quite a lot of fan mail from male gay fans.<BR>Yes, I do know that has nothing to do with this post, but I thought it was very humorous.

Old Feb 5th, 2003, 05:16 AM

I know this has nothing to do with travel, but the castle was the only good-looking thing on that show.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 05:31 AM

Can you let those of not U.S. based know what Joe Millionaire is??? I have'nt the foggiest idea. I am assuming it must be a popular U.S. TV show.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 05:51 AM

Joe Millionaire is a show where they chose a &quot;regular Joe&quot; (supposedly), a man who makes $19,000 a year doing construction. Then they brought 20-30? Women to meet him in France at a castle, and then they were told he had been living as an average life until a few years ago when he inherited 50 million dollars. They then proceed to date him and compete for him, and each show he eliminates a certain number until he ends up with 1 woman and then tells her the truth, that he's not a millionaire.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 07:40 AM

In other words, twenty women compete for the love of a man pretending to be something he isn't and in the end one gets stuck with this &quot;loser&quot;. That's why they call it a &quot;reality&quot; show. You can't get much more real than that.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 07:47 AM

I see now. There is a UK show that was similar called Mr. Right and he had to choose each week fa favourite from 20 women and the public voted as well from what I remember. He went on serial dates with all these girls etc....Guess who ended up with him??? The presenter of the show Ulrika Johnsson!
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 05:03 AM

My wife and I watched about 10 minutes of this show the other night out of curiousity. I don't know where they found this guy, but he might be the biggest dolt in America. One of my professors in college used to say that you can judge a person's intelligence by how wide their mouth stays open when they aren't talking. Damn if he wasn't right.<BR><BR>BTW, if they really want to make the show interesting, find some bald, short, fat guy (think George Costanza) qand THEN tell them he's worth a boatload of money. That should bring out their true intentions.<BR><BR>