Cassis Calanques in October

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2010, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are staying in Aix and would like to jaunt down to Cassis and take a boat out to see the Calanques. Is this doable 1st week in October? Web says boats go out til end of October. We thought about arriving about 10am, do the boat tour then eat lunch in Cassis. I'm assuming its pretty easy to catch a ride. Any thoughts? Lunch tips would be great. We love seafood, love to hike, but really would like a boat experience on the Med. thanks!
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 04:17 AM

We visited Cassis mid October last year. Had great weather and did a boat trip to see the Calanques. There were lots of boat operators that had trips visiting 3,5 & 8 calanques. There is a ticket booth at the harbour to purchase tickets. We did the 3 calanques trip I think it took about 1 & 1/2 hours. Good views and the water was a nice temperature, we went swimming at the beach.

Lots of eating places, especially for seafood choices. You will have a great day.
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 06:17 AM

We also loved Cassis on our visit last September, first doing lunch, and then the 5 calanques boat trip. Pictures of town and boat trip can be found in our Provence phototravelogue at http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/...08%3A540606391
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 12:54 AM

I've taken a few trips out of the summer season.

I've seen Calanques boats operating at most times of year.

The restaurants are busy at weekends as it is a favourite spot for Marseillais.

Calanques photo : http://www.the-languedoc-page.com/ph...-photo-364.htm

Peter
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 12:11 PM

i would think this would be do-able. we were just there this past saturday/sunday. it's a busy place but there seem to be several boat tours with trips leaving every hour or so. none of them looked overly crowded so i imagine you won't have any trouble getting on a boat. enjoy - it's a pretty area.

where are you staying in aix? we LOVED that town!
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 12:17 PM

Thanks for this thread - I was wondering the same thing. Any hints on the best way to get to Cassis from Aix and back on a Sunday in October using public transport
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

We love Aix also. We are staying at Bastide de Cours. We have stayed there before and its easy/next to the Cours Mirabeau. The rooms are lovely! Its a busy weekend in Aix. Some of the hotels we wanted to try are all booked. So we aren't sure what is going on. Must be a popular weekend in Aix. Thanks for everyones comments. We are excited to see the Calanques.