Search

Carmona Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 07:43 AM
Roger

Carmona Hotels?

Does anyone know anything about the Alcazar de La Reina hotel in Carmona. I am looking for a hotel there during Feria Abril and am having trouble finding availability? Is the Alcazar nice... in a good location? Thanks.

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 10:25 AM
Pedro

It seems to be a good hotel ( always speaking from my impression taken from outside ) whose location is really good in the old part of the town, just by Casa de Carmona hotel. I am certain you will like Carmona, it is a charming village, a perfect place to rest and to get away from the bustling Sevilla in April.

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 10:42 PM
MizMel

I was in Carmona in October, and stayed at the Parador (without a car)...while the parador was charming, I would not recommend anyone staying there without transporation, as you're really "stuck" at the top of the city. The city is charming (very hilly) and there IS a bus that goes to Seville every day, but transportation can be a problem without a car.

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 08:04 PM
EvaPequeña

Yeah...the parador was so pretty. My mom and I enjoyed our two nights there. The rooms have a whole different flavor to them. Given the extraordinary heat of the summer we enjoyed the pool as well...don't think you'll be as inclined to it. It was a lovely town to walk through, so being at the top of the hill gave us an opportunity to explore. Enjoy!!

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 12:28 PM
olga

The Alcazar de la Reina is a very nice hotel with a great italian/spanish restaurant, Ferrara, onsite.<BR><BR>It´s an old palatial building overlooking the countryside.<BR><BR>It´s been recently remodeled and the rooms are nice and confortable.<BR>Carmona is a great little town, with<BR>lots of romantic winding streets and<BR>old palaces and squares.<BR><BR>You will save yourself the Ultrahigh<BR>rates in Seville and anyway for a foreigner the Fair is fun for a day or two, but unless you meet somebody that <BR>invites you to their "caseta" you will not stay too long, lots of atmosphere,<BR>but it gets tiring after a while.<BR>It´s the andalusian equivalent to Oktoberfest, but most of the booths<BR>are private.<BR>Don´t misunderstand me, I love it, but<BR>my friends from out of town have always felt a little out of place. <BR>You can go, but I would devote a lot of the time to sightseeing and visiting parts of twon that will not be so crowded, since everybody is at the fairgrounds most of the day.<BR><BR> <BR>

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Frankfurt

The Parador is superb. I'm tempted to go back to Spain just to stay there again. Carmona is also a nice little town. It also has the best tourist info center in Andaalusia.<BR><BR>We looked in at Casa de Carmona and were not that impressed with the exterior and lobby.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 08:05 AM
olga

The Casa de Carmona is a wonderful hotel, but the last time I was there, last year, it had lost in the service department.<BR>As far as the rooms, they are some of the prettiest I have seem, the bathrooms look gorgeous in stucco and antique fixtures, although some have a little moldy smell -something you usually find in some of the remodelled old estates in the Seville area, since<BR>there is a lot of humidity in the soil-. <BR>The common areas are very nice, beautiful patios and great salons where<BR>you can seat in a plush sofa by the fireplace and have a drink from the free self service bar. You feel like you have your own home in Carmona.<BR><BR>If these things are meaningful to you, <BR>then the extra bucks it costs are worth it.<BR><BR>