Search

Car service or taxi in Barcelona post-cruise ship

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2023, 12:41 PM
GKS
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car service or taxi in Barcelona post-cruise ship

Hello! Just wondering if anyone has a car service they'd recommend in Barcelona? My boss and his fiance are disembarking a cruise ship in Barcelona and then staying at a hotel there, and I'm picturing a big taxi line and thinking that arranging for a car might be better. Of course, in addition to finding a reputable company, I also need to make sure they're able to find them there, so this might be tricky. Has anyone left a cruise ship there, and do you know if it's chaos to get a taxi or relatively easy?
Thank you!!
Old Jul 19th, 2023, 01:23 AM

Dear GKS,
Taxis in Barcelona are regulated. Official taxis are black and yellow. The taxi service is regulated by the Taxi Law and the Metropolitan Taxi Regulation. It works, with urban rates for services that are carried out within the metropolitan area of Barcelona. For journeys that are not included within this geographical environment, the interurban rate is applied, which is authorized by the Generalitat de Catalunya. The taxi is a transport service that always works with a meter, which must be located in a visible place on the vehicle. You can find information on the official website: https://infotaxi.amb.cat/inici
Old Jul 19th, 2023, 01:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All the above is correct and I've always found taxis readily available in the port. The cabs obviously know when a ship is due in and there are lots of cabs usually waiting.
Old Jul 19th, 2023, 09:54 AM
GKS
Original Poster

Thank you both so much!!