Car Rental in Hungary

Feb 1st, 2004, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Car Rental in Hungary

Anybody with any feedback and/or advice on renting a car in Hungary for week(would be this spring) Any comments welcome - Tnx
Feb 3rd, 2004, 05:01 PM

Hello everyone,
I'm topping this because I'm also looking for the same information. Thank you. Alizka
Feb 4th, 2004, 05:56 PM

We've rented there and it doesn't seem any different to us than any other place. We used AutoEurope out of Budapest, and had good service. Ar you planning to remain in Hungary or go further east? I think this may make a difference.
Feb 5th, 2004, 12:05 PM

Hi
We've rented cars in Hungary twice with AutoEurope and have had no problems. If you want to go to another eastern european country, tell them when you make your arrangement and it will be included in your conract.
We've had no problems and have rented by the airport due to the congestion in the city.
Feb 19th, 2004, 03:03 PM

I have gotten a better rate from Fox Auto in Budapest. They will deliver the car to your hotel. We will be there in May.
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:20 PM

I was wondering if you just went to their office in Hungary to rent the car? Or if you did it over the internet. I need an automatic car, and it seems they are much higher in price to rent, at least online they are. I was looking to rent a car for two weeks, just to travel around Hungary only. Thank you for any help in advance, Alizka
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:55 PM

We rented an automatic car from Fox and were most satisfied. We bought the Hungary card which entitled us to a free day. They delived to the hotel and also picked up at another we were staying at before going to the airport.
We had a Fiat Punto and the size was perfect. It was also air-conditioned.