Reload this Page >

Capthorne Tara in london?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 07:18 AM
Angie

Thinking of going to London for a week. We will be staying in London and seein gmajor sights for 3 or 4 days. we also plan at least one full day of shopping and then a ouple of day trips to stonehenge and bath. We were looking to book a pakage through an airline that included flights, hotel and transfers and breakfast just to simplify things. Most airlines include the Capthorne Tara as one of their hotel choices. How is this placelocated for the activities we wish to do. Are some attractions within walking distance? What about restaurants etc? what neighborhod is it in? How were the rooms, large? Amenities? Would we be better od trying to get plane tikets and then booking hotel ourselves. Wouldn't that be more expensive by the time we pay for transportation to and from airport? (we will have quite a bit of luggage and would not take the tube to airport)

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 09:02 AM
xxx

Not positive because I haven't actually stayed there but, I think this hotel is more for the business traveler. It is larger and would not have an intimate boutique atmosphere or feel. Depends on what you are looking for. Many tour groups globus, trafalgar, etc. use the hotel.

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 10:06 AM
Mel

On a bus tour a few years ago (with Trafalgar) we picked up people everyday at Capthorne Tara. No one complained, but, as the poster above said, ti DOES cater to the bus crowd. We now go on our own, HOWEVER, I keep looking for "city stay" package tours to get the best prices and last fall we took a go-today city break package. I just checked back and the prices are still really good. They were very responsive and everything was as posted. The "city break" packages just provide airfare and hotel. You might want to check them out at www.gotoday.com

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 10:23 AM
Beth Anderson

hi <BR> <BR>will be heading over to London in a week or so with Gina (also a regular on this board). One of us can fill you in, when we return on the 19th-20th... this is one of the places we are staying. <BR> <BR>Beth

Old May 1st, 2001, 02:05 PM
sandy

I have stayed at the Copthorne Tara hotel with a tour. It was fine, but nothing special. It is not close to the attractions you want to see (near Kensington High Street), but the subway is very close. <BR> <BR>I recommend the Knightsbridge Green hotel near Harrod's: www.theKGHotel.co.uk <BR>. . . but it will not be on any package tour.