Search

CAPRI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 1999, 08:40 PM
Tom

CAPRI

I'm going to the Amalfi Coast this Fall.I have 8 days there. Should I spend a couple nights in Capri, or is a day trip enough? Any suggestions on hotels in Naples and Capri? I already have a hotel in Positano. <BR>Thanks, Tom

Old Jun 14th, 1999, 11:06 PM
Jeff

Tom, <BR>A day trip is enough, Capri is nice, if you like watching people (especially those who like to show off their wealth). You already have a hotel in Positano, you really don't need one in Naples or Capri. By the way, if you are interested in visiting one of the islands in the bay of Naples, visit Ischia, a truly wonderful place, some of the best seafood you will find in the area, and by all means, sample some of the Ischia wine (white) and Coniglio (rabbit). I think you will have a great time there. Positano actually will be enough to keep you busy. Sorrento is nearby and worth the visit, as well as Salerno. Enjoy your trip!

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 02:25 AM
francesca

We spent a week on the Amalfi coast and took a day trip to Capri. We were disappointed because we found that a day trip is definitely not enough. Next time we will go for 2 days. We had enough time to walk around, have a lovely lunch and see Ville Jovis and the Belvedere Cannon. That's it. I would avoid the "show off" part of Capri with the expensive shops and hotels as well as the tacky port district and strike out for the beautiful areas away from the crowds.

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 07:15 AM
Paulo

Went there twice on daytrips with private transportation (a cousin's boat). In one occasion we were able to get there by 8am and only left around 9 pm. I agree with Francesca. It's definitively not enough. Were I to stay in the island overnight, I would definitively choose Anacapri ... <BR>Paulo <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 11:57 PM
joelle

A day trip to Capri is not enough. You have many things to see on the island, should you enjoy walking. We stayed there for almost a week in April and enjoyed every day of our stay, even if the weather was not always great. <BR>

Old Jun 16th, 1999, 07:59 AM
Tom

Thanks for all the advice. I think we will stay in Capri. Joelle, where did you stay the week you were there? <BR> thanks for your replys, <BR> Tom

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 07:13 PM
Dennis

Just spent three nights on Capri and loved it. Wonderful experience at Hotel Luna. 4 star hotel in a quiet garden location with a great spot overlooking the sea. Unpretentious, and highly recommended. Beautiful pool to relax af end of day. E-mail me if you want more. Day trippers really miss out. <BR>

Old Jul 27th, 1999, 08:26 PM
gary

Just got back from Italy and my third visit to Capri.. We stayed there for a week. It is a place like no other. The day trippers don't get any feel for what the island is all about. It is magical. I also stayed at the Luna, also for the third time. It is a wonderful hotel,and we are planning to return next year. <BR>Have a great time.

Old Jul 28th, 1999, 11:16 AM
richard j. vicek

Good afternoon, Tom <BR>Have to throw my 2 cents into this and <BR>my selection for a hotel would be the <BR>SYRENE , this small hotel has 32 rooms <BR>that face the sea and the Faraglioni. <BR>Very good swimming pool and a front <BR>porch for dinner, was here at least <BR>three or four times over the years <BR>and had found it very good, especially <BR>in the food court. They have a web <BR>site of www.caprionline.com/syrene/ and <BR>other hotels on Capri are listed in <BR>the same url. Capri is not for one <BR>day unless you are a busy tourist, <BR>enjoy at least two or three nights <BR>and soak up the sole.... <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, Il. <BR>

Old Jul 28th, 1999, 11:17 AM
richard j. vicek

Good afternoon, Tom <BR>Have to throw my 2 cents into this and <BR>my selection for a hotel would be the <BR>SYRENE , this small hotel has 32 rooms <BR>that face the sea and the Faraglioni. <BR>Very good swimming pool and a front <BR>porch for dinner, was here at least <BR>three or four times over the years <BR>and had found it very good, especially <BR>in the food court. They have a web <BR>site of www.caprionline.com/syrene/ and <BR>other hotels on Capri are listed in <BR>the same url. Capri is not for one <BR>day unless you are a busy tourist, <BR>enjoy at least two or three nights <BR>and soak up the sole.... <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, Il. <BR>