Can you still by melatonin?

Sep 3rd, 2001, 10:50 AM
Lynda

Can you still by melatonin?

I use melatonin when I fly to Europe and I have not been able to find it in stores. Do they still sell it?

Sep 3rd, 2001, 10:56 AM
bettyk

Yes, try Walgreens or Eckerds. Ask the pharmacist if you have trouble finding it.

Sep 3rd, 2001, 01:19 PM
May

You might also try Walmart or Target. I've also found it at health-food stores (GNC, etc.). You might also be able to find it over the internet. Maybe try Drugstore.com, or just a search for the word melatonin.

Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:59 PM
Patti Suttle

Lynda-I got mine at Walmart.

Sep 3rd, 2001, 09:00 PM
Linda

You definitely can't get it in Canada--it's illegal there! But most major drugstores in the US should have it.

Sep 4th, 2001, 01:48 AM
di

The reason it is "illegal" in canada and the UK too is that is has not been approved by the pharmaceutical industry etc......melatonin has about 80 known uses in the brain with many many more that have yet to be discovered, and so you are taking a substance when in reality you are not fully aware of the full effects of taking it........ok it resets your cicadian rhythm, but what else doseit do...........is it really worth it?? BTW...I'm a neurophysiologist!!!

Sep 9th, 2001, 03:45 PM
Mika

In all of Europe you cannot get Melatonine. I always have to bring it back from the US. for people I know. I usually ask for it in a drugstore and never had any problems. Last time I bougt it about 3 months ago in Boston.

Search this Thread