Can someone help me

Jun 30th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Lawrence

Can someone help me

Looking for a resonable place in Paris. Close to city centre. I have found the Madrid Opera Hotel. Has anyone heard of this hotel, and can anyone tell me abit about it.

Thanks,
Lawrence

Jun 30th, 2002, 04:30 PM
xxx

Lawrence, someone can help you much more easily if you ask the question in your title. Suggest you repost with a title such as "Looking for Reasonable Paris Hotel Close to City Center" or Does Anyone Know Madrid Opera Hotel in Paris?"

Jun 30th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Nancy

You don't need to really worry about being in the "city centre." Wherever you are the metro will zip you around to all the sites. Some you can walk to easily from your hotel but others you will want to take the metro. I don't know this hotel as I stayed in an apartment in the 7th for a month last year. The metro was only a 5 minute walk from my place. Paris is exceptionally easy to get around.

Jun 30th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Bob Brown

You say you "found" the Madrid Opera Hotel. Does this mean you know where it is, i.e. in the 9th Arr, close to the Folies Bergere, just off Rue Montmarte?? Did you find the rates, about $112 per night in the summer?

It is about 4 K from the Louvre by the the time you wiggle around the streets.

I don't know that area of Paris very well. Did anything in particular attract you to that location? Most contributors to this forum are looking to stay in the 5, 6, or 7 Arr on in the Marais.

Jul 1st, 2002, 07:57 AM
elaine

Lawrence
If you do a search on this board for
Paris hotel you will find many past suggestions, and many favorite hotels repeated over and over. I think you can do better in terms of neighborhood ambiance as well as convenience of location.