Reload this Page >

Can I survive Bastille Day?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2000, 09:48 AM
Art

We will be in Paris 7/13-7/15. Does anyone know if the the Louvre and Versailles will be open on Bastille Day? Is it a good or bad time to go to those places? If I buy a musuem pass that is good for the Louvre and the other museums, is it also good for Versailles? I read on another message board that the pass covers Versailles, but I can't believe it really does? Any help or recommendations for surviving Bastille Day will be greatly appreciated!!

Old Jun 27th, 2000, 10:10 AM
Lori

Art, <BR>I can't help with Bastille Day, but I can tell you from first hand experience that the museum pass does indeed cover Versailles. Have fun.

Old Jun 27th, 2000, 10:56 AM
elaine

Hi <BR>I checked two websites <BR>www.chateauversailles.fr <BR>and <BR>www.paris.org <BR>The Chateau seems to partially open, check the website for details <BR>The Louvre will definitely be open

Old Jun 27th, 2000, 10:59 AM
elvira

Both the Louvre and Versailles are open on Bastille Day. Don't try to do both; waaaay too much walking on marble. If you must do both, then go to the Louvre first - get there BEFORE it opens - go to the pass entrance, then head directly to Mona, Venus and Nike so you see them without the crowds; then go visit the other galleries. <BR> <BR>If you decide to do Versailles, same advice. Get to the palace before it opens, go to the special passholder entrance and visit the chateau - then wander out into the grounds. <BR> <BR>Watch the fireworks on the 14th; best bet is to find a bridge and stake out a "lean"... <BR> <BR>Oh and in the morning there's a mother of a parade, which ties up traffic pretty effectively.

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 10:09 AM
xxx

topping for jessie