Can I fly one-way to Spain?

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Mark

Can I fly one-way to Spain?

I'd like to fly on a one-way ticket to Spain, but the consulate says I have to have a round trip unless I have a special working visa. I'm just traveling around europe and don't know where I'll end up.

Any one-way air ticket experiences to Europe you could share?
Thanks.

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Sjoerd

This question can not be answered without knowing your nationality. No problems if you have a EU passport. If you are a national of a rich country (USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, etc.) you also won't have problems. But if you have a Somalian or Iraqi passport, expect to be asked to show your return ticket! Another hurdle you'll have to take is the airline's check-in. Ask the airline if they will allow you on the flight with a one-way ticket.

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 10:06 PM
Whyoh

Why would you want to pay that much extra for a one -way?You can always negotiate or get some sort of credit.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 01:51 AM
Gretchen

Do some more planning and choose somewhere to return from. You can make that round trip purchase for less than you pay for one way. The others are correct depending on your nationality also. I assume since you are dealing with a consulate you are not a US citizen.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 06:09 AM
Rex

If you absolutely cannot make a plan, I would recommend a return ticket from London (to the US, assuming that this your country of origin, and return).

You can get from more places in Europe to London, more cheaply than any other gateway.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 06:22 AM
xxx

Huh? I only know of one way to fly to Spain -- by plane. What other way were you thinking of?