Camping while Backpacking??

Apr 17th, 1999, 11:49 AM
George Thomas

Camping while Backpacking??

does anybody think it is a good idea to bring
tent along with during my backpacking trip. I think it ight be great a idea to camp out in certain areas in Norway, Sweden, and Switzerland.

thanks.

Apr 17th, 1999, 04:42 PM
Sally

I went tent camping in Luxemburg, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal,Switzerland France, and Italy, but it was a long time ago. The camps were great for the most part except most of them were far from the center of town. We alternated camping with staying in hotels because we really liked staying close to the old part of towns.I'll never forget camping in Switzerland in the Alps in the snow in June and wearing all the clothes I had to sleep in in my sleeping bag because it was so cold, but it was beautiful!

May 4th, 1999, 05:31 PM
brian

Hello,
I have been searching high and low, (with agents and in the net) to find a package tour, (group or solo) that offers discount pricing and listing for a camping/hiking/cycling/rail vacation.

I'd like to find someone/somewhere that offers a camping across europe tour/package.

Can anyone suggest where to look.

Thanks
Brian

May 5th, 1999, 11:57 AM
Trina

Brian -

I've found a few books in the library (can't recall exact titles) that are devoted specifically to camping in Europe. Most contained extensive listings of campsites and the various details of each including facilities, prices, etc.

May 5th, 1999, 01:23 PM
cp

Brian, I read a thread on eurotrip.com about camping in Europe.

One of the posters mentioned something about Con Tiki Tours having a list of places where their guests camp.

You might try with them.