Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at the Monaco & Grand Canal Hotel in Venice?r

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2001, 04:10 PM
Frank Keller

We have reservations in the Monaco and Grand Canal Hotel in Venice and would be interested in any feedback on it that anyone might have. I checked Rant's and Rave's and although listed there aren't any reports on the Hotel. Frank

Old May 24th, 2001, 04:56 AM
SteveJames

Hello Frank, <BR> <BR>I haven't actually stayed at Hotel Monaco but I've used the bar for a 'Bellini' several times as it has the most wonderful view! If the rooms are anything like the reception area I don't think you'll be disappointed ... <BR> <BR>Steve

Old May 24th, 2001, 05:19 AM
Marsha

The hotel is very nice and has a wonderful restaurant. We found the rooms facing the canal were very noisy late into the night and asked to be moved to a room in the back of the hotel.

Old May 25th, 2001, 04:34 PM
Janice

Frank, <BR>we stayed at the Monaco and Grand Canal in 1996 and found that the restaurant was wonderful. The hotel is old, but very comfortable. Ditto on the rooms facing the canal. However, they are fine on the upper floors (we asked to move up). The view, however, is spectacular. The hotel has heart...they left us a rose on the pillow the night before we left and because it was our honeymoon, complimentary champagne. I would certainly go back. You may have already gone...so this is for anyone considering this hotel.

Old May 26th, 2001, 09:02 AM
frank keller

Many thanks for your replies! Two more questions, please. Is there a dock to accomodate arrival by water taxi? How close to San Marco Square is the Hotel? Many thanks, again. Frank

Old May 27th, 2001, 04:23 AM
SteveJames

Hello again Frank, <BR> <BR>The hotel is close to the S.Marco vaporetto stop, - I'm sure water-taxis can 'dock' nearby. <BR> <BR>The hotel is less than 2 minutes from Piazza San Marco. Have a good trip! <BR> <BR>Steve