Calling Brotherleelove2004

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. I have noticed your posts and respect your opinion. We are going to Greece June 4 for 10 days, 4 nights Santorini, 3-4 Crete, rest in Athens. This is our second time. We are taking a another couple with us and this is their first international trip.

We went to Santorini and Crete in June 2003. We stayed at Astra Apartment, it was our 10 year anniversary. We liked it but felt we could pay less and still have a similiar experience. I had concerns about the reliability of and accuracy of the ferry schedule so I have made inquiries through Fantasy Travel. They have offered Volcano Villas, which we declined. We have interest in someplace in Imerovigli, a pool, and pleasant atmosphere, not too far from Fira. We have inquired about Anastasis Apt, Sunny Villas, and Pegasus. We could share a 4 Person apartment at Santorini Princess. I would appreciate your input and any other suggestions you may have. Thank you for your kind assistance.
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 07:23 AM

Hello Alex-

I finally found your posting!

I'm sorry I don't have any first-hand information for you about Imerovigli or Firostephani. I always stay in Oia. but I've taken a look at what's available at a cheaper price than the Astra Apartments and have come up with a few suggestions based on other posters' recommendations.

Sun Rocks: (Couples Only) Firostephani

http://www.greekhotel.com/cyclades/s...rocks/more.htm

Chromata: Imerovigli

http://www.chromata-santorini.com/ho...otel-form.html

On The Rocks: Imerovigli

http://www.united-hellas.com/tourism...cks/index.html

I hope this helps. I'm sorry I don't have any better suggestions.

Old Jan 31st, 2005, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Hi. Thank you for responding. If I could please ask a few questions. I have contacted Santorini Princess, Anastasis Apt., Sunny Villas, Artemis Villa, and have been made nice offers. The offer from Fantasy Travel seems to be 200-400 Euro over my calculations for the independant offers. But I have concerns about the ferry reliability. It would be nice to have a TA in our corner in case of ferry problems. I should mention we are taking the ferry only once, between Santorini and Crete. But this is our friends first international trip and we would not want anything to go wrong. It is also their 20th anniversary.

I read your comments of your carpet experience in Ephesus and travels in Turkey, very nice.
Also are you the same Brotherleelove as on Lonely Planet?

Thanks,
Alex
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 11:19 AM

Yes, I'm the same one as on LP.

Truthfully I don't think you have to worry about ferry schedules so much that you need to book through a TA. Once the schedules are posted they can change without notice, but rarely so, and no one can predict that or the strong winds that sometimes stop them as well. A TA in Athens won't be of any use to you anyway if that happens. June is normally a calm month on the seas. By the way, there is a fast boat, the Flying Dolphin, that travels between Crete at Heraklion and Santorini, that cuts travel time in half.

http://www.greekislands.gr/hfd/

Their schedules for next summer are not yet posted, but should be by the end of March, beginning of April. You don't have to book in advance since it won't yet be so crowded in the islands, but to be on the safe side just go into any Tour Office on Santorini a day or two before you plan to go to Crete and buy your tickets. Since the Flying Dolphin doesn't leave Santorini until sometime around 11:00 a.m. you'll have time to make a call to see if it's on time or if there's been a delay or cancellation.
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help. Enjoy yourself in Oia.