Cadaques & Montserrat

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 01:54 PM
conyee

Cadaques & Montserrat

We will be in Barcelona for 1 week and would like to make a side-trip or two. Any recommendations for accommodations in Cadaques? Or would it be better to just make a day trip to the area from Barcelona? We will be using public transportation...

Similarly, is Montserrat a day-trip type of destination from Barcelona? Or do people stay there?

Thanks!

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 02:13 PM
ilisa

Montserrat is definitely a day trip from Barcelona. It can be done very easily. I visited Montserrat in June (on a day trip booked through my hotel combined with a visit to a winery) and I must say, it was the highlight of my whole visit to Spain.

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 01:49 PM
Sheila

Agree with the foregoing but it is also quite a nice place to stay. I stayed there one night on the way to the Pyrenees from Barcelona in the (blast I can't find the name of the hotel) It was a converted part of the monastery and was asmall but perfectly clean and presentable room and very reasonably priced. It was the Hotel Abat something. Strongly recommended.

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 01:55 PM
Sheila

Agree with the foregoing but it is also quite a nice place to stay. I stayed there one night on the way to the Pyrenees from Barcelona in the (blast I can't find the name of the hotel) It was a converted part of the monastery and was asmall but perfectly clean and presentable room and very reasonably priced. It was the Hotel Abat something. Strongly recommended.

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 11:09 PM
Martha

The Blue Guide lists Hotel Abad Cisneros on the Plaza de Montserrat. Is that it?

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 11:48 AM
Sheila

Yes. I have been through every guide I have and couldn't find it!

Where on earth did I get the recommendation from in the first place? It was fine, right in the middle of things and realy not dear.

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 12:31 PM
Merriem Wombacher

Just return from Barcelona a week ago, and you must go to Montserrat. We took a tour, about $36US, and it was well worth it. They stayed there about three hours which gave you plenty of time to see everything, and enjoy the view. We went on a Sunday, as the shops were closed, and really enjoyed ourselves up there. Amazing place.