Reload this Page >

Buying Tea in London

Search

Buying Tea in London

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 09:21 AM
James

Buying Tea in London

Leaving for London in a couple of hours... Can someone tell me where I can buy tea (to bring back to U.S.) in London at reasonable prices. A few years ago I bought a lot of tea in Harrods, but am now looking for a less expensive place. Thank you.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 09:28 AM
Clifton

We didn't shop around enough when in London to find the best prices, also looking to fill some requests back home. I can tell you that if you'd like to put off the tea purchase to the end of your trip, to avoid keeping track, there's a shop inside LHR with a good selection by the name of Caviar House.<BR><BR>We were able to find Lady Grey tea that a friend was having difficulty locating back home.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 09:55 AM
xxx

Tesco and Sainsbury groceries, Marks &amp; Spenser , The Tea House in Covent Garden, all have teas that are not commonly available in US groceries.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 09:57 AM
xxx

Oh, one more..Whittard's tea shops there are several branches.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 10:00 AM
flygirl

PG Tips is really good and what the locals drink. You can get it at any Sainsburys. You could also get tea at Heathrow on your way home if you are in a pinch.<BR><BR>Tea House - strongly agree.<BR><BR>also Whittards, you cannot swing a dead cat without finding one. <BR><BR>don't forget to get yourself a proper teapot!