Reload this Page >

buying leather coats in florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:06 PM
greg

where is the best place to get a god buy on a nice leather jacket in florence?

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 05:03 AM

everywhere<BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Leslie

You're going to laugh out loud when you get to Florence. There are leather shops literally everywhere. Personally, I was unimpressed with the asking prices so didn't bother, but you could probably get a reasonable deal (not a steal) by negotiating the price.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 06:42 AM
Ronda

I didn't find the prices that wonderful either. Decided it wasn't worth the weight in my luggage to bring one home.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:57 AM
snorkelman

yes, no real great deals on leather coats. however, leather belts and some purses are really good deals. you can get silk ties from street vendors for $5-10 - and they are great quality.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Rex

My experiences seem a little contrary to the under-whelmed responses above.<BR><BR>Very good purchase by my daughter in 1998 (took three trips to get the guy down in price - - the final time she went back by herself, in tears, since I had walked away on the second trip into the store - - it worked!)<BR><BR>And my mother-in-law got a beautiful coat (but not in florence), just last May. I can't remember if it was in Venice or in Rome.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR><BR>P.S. - - hey there fellow Buckeye - - have any interest in coming to a Fodorites get-together? Sometime after July?<BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Bob

Visit THE LEATHER SCHOOL in Florence to check their coats and leather goods. It is located in the Santa Croce church where Michaelango and other famous people are buried. Walk in the church and go to the far right corner and you will see the small signs. We found good quality and reasonable prices with little hassle. They will also put gold initials on anything you buy for no charge if you know to ask. They do it while you wait. Other leather stores are also located all around the square in front of the church. THE LEATHER SCHOOL is inside the church.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 12:28 PM

to the top<BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Andy

For FABULOUS leather-there is a store called "ANNA"--across from the Pitti Palace--it has ready made and custom leathers--both COATS,JACKETs,PANTS, and skirts===<BR><BR>If you need a fabulous jewelry store-email me direct....<BR><BR>Have a terrific time-- Can I hide in your suitcase and go shopping too! LOL