buying Eurostar tickets

Oct 22nd, 2002, 06:04 PM
pam

buying Eurostar tickets

I'm leaving for Europe on Sunday and have not bought my eurostar tickets from Paris to London for Nov. 7 trip. I will be in Rome until Nov. 2. Can I buy Eurostar tickets in Rome? And if not, will they be very expensive buying at the last minute if I buy them less than 7 days in advance in Paris?
Help!

Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:30 PM
hanl

It is definitely worth booking in advance because you will pay less. I'd advise booking now!!

You should be able to purchase tickets over the internet. If you use the French rail site (www.sncf.com), you can opt to pay now but collect your tickets from the train station in Paris (or indeed, any train station in France). You get a booking reference number which you just show to the person at the ticket counter when you want to collect the tickets.

Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:52 AM
Casey

HI,
I had understood that it would be cheaper to buy Eurostar tickets (London to Paris on 11/27/02) at the station to save additional fees.
Is this incorrect? Should I order them now, over the internet?
Thank you for any advice.

Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:18 AM
xxx

ttt

Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:24 AM
Geoff Hamer

London-Paris Eurostar tickets are priced like airline tickets. The standard fares if you buy the ticket before boarding the train are very expensive, but there are various cheap return fares if you book in advance.

Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:20 AM
ddd

It seems to be true that if you book Eurostar tickets through external travel agents such as those based in the US then you pay more. But if you book via the French website www.sncf.com and have a valid credit card number then you'll get cheaper fares by booking in advance