Reload this Page >

buying airline rix on line...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 12:48 PM
rich

i have never purchased airline tickets on line--would i get a paper ticket or just be in someone's computer when i arrived at the airport?many thanks in advance

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 01:07 PM
Rex

You will get an "e-ticket" (i.e., you will "just be in someone's computer") unless you pay extra for the paper ticket. Same is true from an agent or over the phone nowadays.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 01:07 PM
s.fowler

With Orbitz and Yahoo! Travel you can choose either way. I paid extra to have paper tickets sent to me. They arrived safely and on time.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 07:32 PM

toppers<BR>

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 12:53 AM
Tony Hughes

Orbitz by default give e-tickets and charge around $15 to send you paper ones if you request them. <BR><BR>Expedia send paper by default (.co.uk). Have to say I prefer to have a ticket in my hand rather than some confirmation number.<BR><BR>Rich, both sites take you through step by step so it's really hard to make a mistake with time/route/destination etc.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:59 AM
Gerry K

I purchased tickets from both Air France and Lufthansa within the past month (via the web) and received paper tickets from both. Neither imposed an additional charge.<BR><BR>Gerry K