Bus ticket Seville to Portimao, Algarve

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to check the bus schedules for DAMAS bus from Seville to Portimao on Sunday, May 31, 2009. I have tried the Damas site but cannot get English translation for the schedule and fares. I see there are 2 buses listed, one from Seville at 7:30 AM and one at 16:15pm. Does anyone know how to check the schedules and if this is the only busline covering this route. I only need a one way ticket as I will return to Lisbon. Do seniors get a discount on the bus routes in Spain and Portugal? Can I book in advance on the internet? If this is my only option, I might have to return from Granada evening before to catch the 7:30 bus from Seville, so would appreciate any help and if this only way of getting to Algarve from Granada. Hope someone can help me get this route organized. Thank you. Kate
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 02:00 PM

The same service is advertised by the Portuguese company, Eva Bus (www.eva-bus.com). Departures from Sevilla ("Sevilha" in Portuguese) are at 0730 and 1615, with a journey time of four hours. The one-way fare is 19 euros, or 16.50 euros for seniors, but I don't know who is entitled to the senior fare.
I think these are the only direct buses. There are more frequent buses by Damas to Ayamonte. From there, you can get a local bus, ferry or taxi across the River Guadiana to Vila Real, then a Portuguese bus or train onwards.
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

GeoffHamer: Thanks for the response. I can plan taking this sevice and will try booking my ticket online. I think I am organized now for my travels. Using Fodors has been a great help and much appreciated. Kate
Old May 5th, 2011, 08:55 AM

Hi, I have been looking for information about this journey and I was wondering if you could give me some advice.
I am leaving from Madrid tomorrow to Seville and the journey that you were talking about is where I want to travel to, Portimao. However I don't understand some of the websites and I just need to know if you can buy your ticket when you arrive at Seville? Also does the bus depart on a Sunday from Portimao back to Seville? I am afraid if I get to Seville and I will not be able to take that bus.
I would appreciate some advice on this.
Regards, Naomi
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 03:35 PM

Naomi,

Were you able to buy ticket in Seville? I am wondering if the day before is enough time to buy a bus ticket to the algarve on the 1:30 Damas bus.

Jamie