Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Bus from Cesky Krumlov to Prague- bathrooms?

Old May 4th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Hello. I read somewhere before that the buses from CK to Prague don't have restrooms. However, when I looked at the actual schedules on idos.cz there were icons for a minibar and WC. Has anyone had any experience with the buses on this route? Thanks
Old May 5th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old May 6th, 2005, 04:40 PM

Hi. The ones I have been on did not have restrooms. We did stop once at a gas station, where we could use the restrooms & buy snacks, etc. The buses in Cz are all pretty old, and don't have many ammenities. In fact, I was on one that broke down in the middle of nowhere between Prague & Brandys nad Labem. It was summer, and about 85 degrees out, and we were all miserable. About an hour later, the next bus on the route rescued us! I will always remember that trip..!!
Old May 6th, 2005, 04:52 PM

Amp, I have not traveled on that road but have taken MANY bus tours during the last decade. "Bathroom" use is clearly discouraged by tour directors and drivers - because they have to remove sewerage at the end of the day. In fact, I recall only one person using the facility in all of my travels. All tours make frequent bathrooms breaks on all itineraries.
At least that has been my experience....
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:13 PM

kjenn, to me it seems icons minibar and bathroom are those of trains, not buses ? I remember buses bet Praha & Cesky Krumlov are more like city buses than sightseeing ones I found no restrooms there.