Burgundy -- worth visiting?

Jul 6th, 2001, 12:05 AM
Bennett Schneir

Burgundy -- worth visiting?

We'll be in France in early September and are considering spending some time in Burgundy. We're wine lovers, but we're not specifically there for the wine -- more for the history and scenery and food. Is Burgundy worth visiting? I've heard boating trips on the canals are great -- is this something worth doing?

Thanks!
Bennett

Jul 6th, 2001, 04:23 AM
Gar

hi there,
You've heard it is great and now You're asking whether it is worth. Well, how many answers do You need? I think every question about "is it worth" is a little forsake. I've meet people that told me the Louvre isnt that great to take look. And the Grand Canyon is just annother dessert valley. Well, it all depends on You. Burgundy shure is full of history suites if You wanna do a canal trip is a very other thing.
have fun
Gar

Jul 6th, 2001, 03:49 PM
amg

Bennett,

I definitly think Burgundy is worth visiting for food, wine and historical towns. The town of Beaune is a great place to spend a day. They have several wine cells you can visit to taste a wide variety of the local wines. They also have turned the hospital which was built at the time of the plague into a very interesting museum.
I would not choose to spend a more then a few days in Burgundy (I don't have enough vacation time). I would recommend doing a circle from Paris of Champaign, Burgundy and the Loire Valley.
Have Fun!
Aileen