Reload this Page >

Burberry Raincoats

Search

Burberry Raincoats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 07:12 PM
nancy

Burberry Raincoats

I'm headed to London end of the week and was wondering if, given the strength of the dollar, Burberry raincoats are now less expensive in the UK than the US?

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 02:37 AM
Michele

Hi Nancy!<BR><BR>The dollar is strong, but not that strong!! High end fashion items tend to be close in price in the UK and the States, with some things being a little bit more expensive in the UK. The advantage you get here, though, is that you can get the VAT back which will be a big difference in that large of a purchase. And I have found that many times the selection is better in the UK. How long are you going to be here? The Harrod's Sale starts soon and they mark down even the high end goods, but you won't find the staple items on sale.<BR><BR>Enjoy London...the weather has been SPECTACULAR!!!

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 04:40 AM
ilisa

A coworker of mine just got back from London and told me that Burberry's has an outlet store in London. She got some wonderful things there. You may want to try that. I will try to pry the address out of her.

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 05:41 AM
Betsy

I think someone posted the address of the Burberry Outlet on this board several weeks ago. A search may turn it up.<BR><BR>Cheers

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 10:22 AM
nancy

The Burberry Outlet is located in Bicester Village, Bicester, Oxfordshire. I gather, though, that there is also a Factory Shop at 29-53 Chatam Place, E9. Given that I am going to be there during the heart of sale time, I might do just as well on Regent Street. Wish me luck!