Reload this Page >

Bull fight tickets

Search

Bull fight tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 03:39 AM
marko

Bull fight tickets

I will be in Seville on a sunday in July, What is the best way to organise a ticket to a bull fight?

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:09 AM
JP

we were in seville on a sunday this past sept. we just saw folks lined up to get tickets...if i recall correctly i think there were 2 lines [one for sun and one for shade]<BR><BR>http://www.sevilla5.com/monuments/bullring.html<BR><BR>http://www.sol.com/abanitours/<BR><BR>sorry i'm not more help.<BR><BR>JP

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:31 AM
david west

can't help with specifics, but I do remember that the Corridas aren't listed in the sports part of the papers but in the culture and entertainment bit, which threw me for a while.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 09:34 AM
Laura

I was in Seville on a Sunday last June and I was able to buy tickets the day before. It may be better to buy tickets at least a day in advance to make sure that you have a good seat. You will be asked if you want a seat on the sun or shade. I took a seat in the shade, almost all the way on top, and I was able to see just fine. My ticket was about $12 US dollars. You may want to bring a seat cushion since the seats are mostly made out of cement.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 09:54 AM
GGinSF

Do try to buy your ticket at least a day in advance. I recommend paying a little extra for Sombra (shade) tickets since one can bake in the sun in the Sol sections. In Madrid's ring there is a middle-price S y S (Sol y Sombra) where one starts in the sun but as the sun moves across the sky the shade covers the section. It sounds like the Maestranza bullring in Seville may not have that option, though.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 10:08 AM
olga

Dear Marco,<BR><BR>July and August are the low season in Seville, so there are no bullfights at all. It will be the season at the coast,<BR>and the most important bullfighters will fight at places like Marbella, M&aacute;laga and C&aacute;diz. <BR>The schedules are not out yet, but there are a couple of important annual events in July in Puerto de Santa Mar&iacute;a<BR>and Huelva. They have their yearly Fairs and normally there is one bullfight a day for a straight week.<BR>Both these cities are about and hour drive from Seville and easy to get to<BR>by car, bus and train so you can make a daytrip out of it.<BR>Check www.sol.com or other tourist information websites in about 2 months and the schedules will be out.<BR><BR>Every bullring I know has the sun-shade pricing structure, and normally you can rent the cushions for the seats right there.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 10:21 AM
Vic

Sol e sombra. Before the fight go to one of the open store fronts on the way to the ring and have peel and eat shrimp with lots of cheap wine. You can't beat it.<BR><BR>Get a bote bag filled with cheap wine and sit in on the sunny side. You'll really enjoy the fight. Being drunk is about the only way you'll enjoy the fight.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 12:08 PM
Richard

Save your money, go to a slaughterhouse, you'll see the same thing.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:21 PM
x

I was wondering how long it would take before the holier than thou political comments would show up. Not long.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:26 PM
Jenna

I think it's great there is no P.E.T.A in Spain to spoil the fun!

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:37 PM
goforit

Jenna, Vic and Richard: you are all so correct in defending the life of those bulls. Your convictions regarding animal life, and the disgusting way the Spanish treat them makes me have hope in humanity. Oh by the way, I'm sure none of you would have any problem in giving me a ride to the abortion clinic.<BR>Thanks, I'll call you and set up a time.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:44 PM
Pepita

Does anyone watch abortions for sport?

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:49 PM
gringo

Pepita: of course not, it doesn't take that long. Plus, it is not as horrible as taking the life of a bull.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:44 PM
Mark

I am sorry but I am looking forward to it, to me its about the art, the sport ,the spectacle ! This is not an event that has been invented recently it is part of the culture and if it is not your cup of tea don't go.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:47 PM
Catz

Don't use bulls, use cats, lets get rid of that feral pest and with as much entertainment as possible.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 01:08 AM
Vic

When I was in high school we'd go to Tijuana and pretend to be Hemmingway and drink Taquilla at outdoor cafes and fill our bote bags with cheap wine and sit on the sunny side of the bull ring. I read Death in the Afternoon and I tried, even as a sixteen year old, to see the tragedy in the "spectacle". Americans in the stands always pulled for the bull. They really wanted to see someone get killed and they weren't very suble about it.<BR><BR>We went to see a fight in Seville and while the facilities were certainly upscale compared to Tijuana, I still think you've got to be drunk to "enjoy" the thing.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 01:15 AM
Vic

Mark,<BR><BR>You can call it anything you want, but never, never call it a sport.<BR><BR>In a sport, contending sides have roughly the same chance of winning. If the bull had a 50 - 50 chance, as crazy as those bull fighters are, they would never get in the ring.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 03:11 AM
olga

<BR>I´m from Seville, and until about 5 years ago I had never seen a bullfight but on TV.<BR><BR>It it true that the spectacle is not for the faint of heart or animal protection hardliners, so don´t get your tickets for front rows, better to be up high, and cheaper too. When you are close, you see more blood and you can hear the noises the bull makes all through the fight. <BR>I recomend trying to focus on the aesthetics of it, the "choreography"<BR>-all the bullfighters moves are standard, it´s like a dance-, the beautiful traditional music, the atmosphere, the absolute silence of the audience when a good job is being done,<BR>the drama of it all, the lights, colours<BR>and the beautiful people all dressed up, etc.<BR>This is not to say that I agree with the suffering of the animal, but I´ll say something : these bulls live a great life, they roam almost totally free most of their life, feeding in the best pastures in beautiful dehesas, <BR>running and mating, and they are treated like priced possessions.<BR>At least they die in an "honorable" way,<BR>putting up a fight, unlike all the cattle that lives almost in cages all their life and get slaughtered en masse.<BR><BR>Just thought I´d add a different point of view.<BR>

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 03:14 AM
jenna

The sad thing is that these "tree-hugging" types that get so enraged about things like bullfighting, are very blase about and supportive of "abortion rights".

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 03:22 AM
Vic

Abortion is not nearly that simple. When does life begin. It's a theogological question. In a diverse society, the question can be debated forever.<BR><BR>The toothpaste is not of the tube. Even if Roe v. Wade was overturned, the states would be free as before Roe to make their own laws. Before Roe about two thirds of the states were pro choice states. That won't change.<BR><BR>Pro choice is with us because the vast majority of Americans are for women making the decision.<BR><BR>Live with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -