Reload this Page >

Budget Rental near Piazza Navona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 10:10 PM
Marcus Aurelius

We're really fixed on getting a Budget rental car for our holiday in Italy. We'll be staying around Campo dei Fiori in Rome and plan to pick up the car around there.<BR><BR>Does anybody know which is the nearest Budget car pick-up point to us? Before I get kicked around abit, Yes I did check the Budget website, it listed Via Del Galoppatoio 33 as a pick-up point. Does anybody know where this is? And is this near the Piazza Navona? The other alternative is Termini Station, but that's so far away with us lugging our luggage. Please Help<BR>

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 02:40 AM
Kay

I don't know where that address is, but we also stayed near the Campo dei Fiori and a taxi from there to Termini only costs about 10 euro (we did it twice, same price) including luggage costs and a tip. If the Budget office at Termini is the most convenient, it's only a small extra cost.<BR>The traffic and driving in Rome can be a bit nightmarish, I hope you are prepared for it?? If it was me, I'd get the train to a town further out and pick up the car there. Just a thought.<BR>Kay

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 03:18 AM
Monique

Why do you want a car in Rome? Why not pick it up on your way out of the city? I stayed near Piazza Navona, and didn't see many stores or supermarkets, never mind car rentals. I'd guess Termini would be a better place to find a rental. Have you considered just using the trains? Their cheap and easy, especially in big cities.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Janice

I agree that you might want to reconsider your pick up point. If you<BR>have never driven in Rome, I think I <BR>can safely predict that you will not<BR>have a good experience. For getting<BR>directions, I recommend the website<BR>Mappy.fr. Simply key in your location<BR>and desired destination and you will<BR>get a suggested route to the Budget office.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Bob

I think it's in the "galleria commerciale" complex under Villa Borghese. Near where Via Veneto meets Villa Borghese. It's a bit closer than the station but still a long walk if you're carrying luggage.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Betsy

Marc, before you make a final decision on this, check out taking the train to Orvieto (about an hour by train from Rome) and picking up your car there. AutoEurope uses Avis in Orvieto and their pick up point is within easy walking distance of the station (even with luggage). Orvieto is a great location to spend a night or even two. <BR><BR>Isn't Budget in bankruptcy proceedings?

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Marcus Aurelius

Thanks for help all!! I think Bob's right - the address should be around the gardens; still too much of a walk.<BR><BR>I'll really be just picking up the car from the rental company and scooting off to the Veneto because I'd have spent a few days car-less exploring Rome on foot. Is it that difficult to find my way out to motorway E35 (or A1 for that matter) from the Termini Station?<BR><BR>thanks betsy for the Orvieto suggestion. We may do just that!