Budget hotel in Paris

Feb 5th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Budget hotel in Paris

My daughter and her boyfriend are planning to be in Paris for 5 nights this March. Their stay will include Easter. Budget is very important to them, and they are hoping to spend no more than 70 euros per night. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks, everyone!
Feb 5th, 2008, 08:06 AM

If you are not picky about location, you might try Priceline. My nephew stayed at a Sofitel 4* in the 16th for about $90. When you bid, choose the area of Eiffel Tour.
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:14 AM

I stayed at Hotel Du Commerce (14, Rue de la Montagne Sainte Genevieve) last year. Not luxury defnately budget, but it was clean, our room was big enough for two women and out luggage. The front desk was cheerful and helpful. I absolutely LOVED the neighborhood. They have both private and shared bath. We did the shared, it was fine..clean, etc. At 49e a night, it was a great deal!
Feb 5th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Pinchme_iam_dreaming

We stayed at the Hotel Bellevue et du Chariot D'or this past Sept for 68 Euro per night and will again, this sept for 70 Euro per night. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The location is great. The room and bathroom was spotless. The staff was very kind to us. The metro and bus is withing a 5 to 8 minutes walk. I would call it a budget hotel with charm.

Feb 5th, 2008, 10:44 AM

70€ is above the average price of two-star hotels in Paris.
Feb 5th, 2008, 11:17 AM

It's a tiny bit more but look at Hotel Monge.
Feb 5th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Pinchme_iam_dreaming

"Author: kerouac
Date: 02/05/2008, 02:44 pm
70€ is above the average price of two-star hotels in Paris."

The average price of a double room with private bath in a 2 star hotel in Central Paris, Feb to late March is about 90 Euro per night minimum.

Feb 5th, 2008, 11:26 AM

Hi

My wife and I stayed at TimHotel Tour Eiffel and that was OK and cheap Here is my review of the hotel with some pictures http://gardkarlsen.com/Timhotel_Tour...ris_France.htm and here is my trip report with pictures and links http://gardkarlsen.com/Paris_France.htm . Hope that you can find some useful info there. Get in touch if you have any questions or comments.

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:03 PM

>> The average price of a double room with private bath in a 2 star hotel in Central Paris, Feb to late March is about 90 Euro per night minimum.

Did anybody mention being restricted to central Paris?
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:06 PM

I'll just throw in this hotel as an example of the average quality once you get 15 minutes from the center by metro. (I chose this hotel because one of my friends was the night receptionist there when he was in university, and I lived just around the corner, so we would sit in the lounge all evening and chew the fat.)

www.hotelcrimee.com
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:20 PM

My wife and I have used the TimHotel Bourse and it was very decent and well located (as the name implies, near the Bourse, or stock exchange). It was also inexpensive.
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Sorry the name of the TimHotel was the TimHotel Palais-Royal-Louvre and it is near all of these and the bourse.
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:28 PM

There are some studio apartments going for about that amount. Check VRBO.com and vacationinparis.com to start.
Feb 5th, 2008, 12:31 PM

reisender, i think the name is "louvre-palais royal" as we also stayed there. great find.

but i think it is on rue de la bourse, connected to gallerie vivienne.

Feb 5th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Pinchme_iam_dreaming

kerouac, I personally wouldn't stay in the 19th arr. I have read many times that the area is not tourist friendly, especially for first timers. We went as far as the rotonde de la vilette in the 19th arr. during the day time and didn't feel safe. But just the same, I wouldn't stay in 18th arr either. We walked the areas of both in the day light hours but would never go there at night. When I think of Paris hotels they include the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,13,15 and 16th as a place to stay and feel safe at night. I may be wrong because I have only been twice. However I have walked in almost every arr na d I think I have a good read on the areas?

Feb 5th, 2008, 01:01 PM

Check out Hotel Kensington on Avenue de la Bourdonnais in the 7th arondissement. It is a budget hotel, a 5 minute walk to Ecole Militaire metro stop, 10 minutes to Eiffel Tower, low rate for singles and doubles, clean, even had an elevator and 6 Euro breakfast available.

I stayed there in July in a single room with a small shower, I had a view of the Eiffel Tower. The staff is very helpful and I definitely would stay there again.

Feb 6th, 2008, 12:49 AM

Never forget, pinchme, if you don't feel safe, that the street with highest crime rate in Paris is the Champs Elysées, and most of the murders in the city are committed in the same area.
Feb 6th, 2008, 01:36 AM

You could give the Hôtel de la Herse dOr (20 Rue Saint-Antoine, 4e) a go.

It's two minutes walk from the bastile metro, cheap, clean and friendly. Mind you, I used at basically as a place to flop in order to make the most of the nightlife and presuming your daughter and boyfriend plan to do the same, it's perfect for this.

http://www.parishotelherseor.com/french/location.html
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:39 AM

Years ago in my student days we stayed in this hotel - www.alliesparishotel.com . My younger sister has stayed there more recently and said that it's fine. It's very cheap clean and safe and about 10 minutes walk away from Rue Mouffetard. Some rooms do not have bathrooms. I remember that on a Sunday morning a man came around with a pipe organ and people threw coins from their windows - and I thought that I'd really arrived at the left bank. Sigh!

If they fancy the more upmarket Marais area, then they could give this one a try www.le-sevigne.com. My parents stayed here and they said that while the rooms were tiny, it was clean safe and comfortable. The location is great - Rue Malher - but if you're disturbed by street noise you might go for a room at the back.

Feb 6th, 2008, 06:22 AM

We, too, will be in Paris over Easter. We have an eight night stay and are renting a studio apartment -very cost effective; most seem to require a 7 night stay minimum so I don't know if that is an option for your daughter.
Meanwhile, I would be most interested in any events or activties she may have found for the Easter period.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO