Reload this Page >

Budget Conscious in Lucerne/Weggis

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Deb Seidler

Hello Everyone,<BR><BR>This is my first time in your chat room and I have to say I am enjoying getting to know everyone.....especially your stories and recommendations. Looking for cost effective, but pleasant and clean accomodations. Does anyone have any suggestions beyond the Albana and the Gotthard? Thanks much!

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 04:02 AM
jw

Hi. Welcome. Friends of mine wanted to be a bit out of town but convenient, and they recommend http://www.hotel-roggerli.ch/<BR>You can see pictures at its site. They had a lovely view of the lake from the terrace. Short uphill walk from the Hergiswil am see train station. Just a thought. Did you check the other Swiss threads? I know there have been lots of recommendations for Lucerne. J.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Dick Yeager

Deb,<BR><BR>Not sure what your parameters are for being "budget conscious", just keep in mind that Switzerland is expensive compared to the bordering countries.<BR><BR>Dick

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Deb Seidler

Greetings to J and Dick from the Great Salt Lake (Deb)<BR><BR>Thanks for your replies. I will give the Roggerli a try. We are actually headed to a Villa in Montespertoli for a couple of weeks, so we aren't in need of a 4 or 5 star hotel. Just (unfortunately) a stopping off place on our way to Como and beyond. We fly into Zurich and just not thrilled to stay in the big city. They (big cities) are just all the same and I have had one bad experience too many to spend too much time in any of them.<BR><BR>Thanks again!

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 08:59 AM
jw

I think you'll find the Roggerli website interesting. I recall visiting it just to see their restaurant menu while my friends were enroute. They were able to take a lakeboat from there to enjoy the scenery. If that doesn't work out, I've always found Fluelen a pleasant place; it's at the southern end of the lake. And in case you love small places, Altdorf, just a spit farther, is a charmer -- especially if you like William Tell. But having said all this, I think you'll find that Lucerne is not the same as other cities. J.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Deb Seidler

Hello J,<BR><BR>Thanks again for your assistance. The on-line booking info stated the Roggerli was booked (no surprise as we are late in arranging our pre and post flight accommodations....I forgot to mention that we arrive Zurich July 25!)<BR>I have sent a separate e-mail directly to the hotel, so will see what sort of response I get in return. Do you think we are crazy to stay in Weggis/Lucerne the night before a 10:00 AM departure from Zurich? I know that inner-city hotels can often be a distance from the airport, so was thinking it might be sixes to stay outside of the big bad city.