Reload this Page >

Budget Bed & Breakfast in London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 09:10 PM
Carolyn

Has anyone stayed at the Budget Bed & Breakfast in London? I would be interested to know if it is a good place. My husband & I are going to London in April - our first trip - and we are definitely on a budget. We should spend no more than $100 US per night. Any really good ideas?

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:57 AM
elaine

Do you have an address for it? <BR>Any other information might make it easier for people to comment--how did you find it?

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:07 AM
Pam

Carolyn - I did a lot of looking for London accomodations for September and I just booked a 4 night stay in London through BEI Tours in Ohio - in a First Class hotel(Thistle Kensington Park) for $425.00/person. This also includes a 4 day travel pass, a Thames River cruise, tickets to a show and guidebooks, maps, etc. They offer accomodations at all levels and I bet they'd have something that would work for you. Their website is www.beitours.com or 800-548-5339 - ask for Cynthia. Good Luck!

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 07:21 AM
Lori

Carolyn asked about budget hotels for no more than $100 night and gets a post about $450 per person for 4 nights -- hardly the same thing! Thistle Hotels are not budget places and $900 for 2 people for 4 nights is not budget either, no matter how many sightseeing passes they throw in, you can do all those things cheaper on your own. We pay less than that for an apartment for a week and have considerably more room, including a kitchen. <BR> <BR>Since we normally rent an apt in London I am not to up on budget places but I'd suggest to Carolyn to check out hotels around Sussex Gardens, Paddington Station or Earls Court areas (Earls Court is not the world's prettiest spot, but you can find economical accommdations there) you are more likely to find budget accommodations in those areas than at a Thistle Hotel!! Remember tho, budget may mean really bare bones .. literally no frills! If you want to go a bit over $l00 check out Travel Inn, they get a good rating on this Forum but they are about 79 pounds per night. You may also find economical lodging in the immediate area of Victoria Station as there are a lot of places around there and it's very central as well.

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 07:53 PM
Carolyn

The Budget Bed & Breakfast address is: <BR>3 ST Albans Rd Woodford Green <BR>London <BR>I believe this is to the east of the main tourist sites. Their website shows very reasonable prices so I would want to be sure it's in a safe area and would like to know the B & B's reputation. Thanks.

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 08:37 PM
ron

wow,that is a long ways out past Epping Forest in zone 4. For a first visit, I would suggest looking for something a lot more central.

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 10:57 PM
wendy

We'll be in London end of April and I have booked 4 nights at The Vicarage Hotel, a small hotel in Kensington not far from the tube stations at either Notting Hill or Kensington. Haven't stayed there personally but it is recommended in a number of guidebooks for budget yet attractive accomodations. <BR>They have a website http://londonvicaragehotel.com/ <BR>and I checked this out and emailed them before sending off L.74.00 deposit. Their replies to my questions were prompt. <BR>As you will see the catch is - shared bathroom! I was dubious but after reading guests comments - follow the links on the site-I have decided to risk it. L.74/night (use an onsite currency converter for Pound/$US conversion) for a double includes a hot breakfast. The place only has around 18 rooms and appears to be in victorian style <BR>You never know Carolyn- we may meet on the stairs!!- Wendy <BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 03:52 AM
Liz

For budget accommodation in the UK, try www.smoothhound.co.uk. You can search by price and by postcode, get a map, see online brochures, etc