Budapest - Safe for Americans

May 10th, 1999, 02:36 AM
christine

Budapest - Safe for Americans

This coming Saturday I am starting a trip that includes Amsterdam, Prague, Vienna & Budapest. I am somewhat concerned as to the situation in Budapest - if there is strong anti-American sentiment and if it will be safe. Any thoughts? Also, suggestions for an alternate place to end my trip. Thanks very much.

May 10th, 1999, 05:23 PM
DanL

GO TO BUDAPEST!!!!!!!!!

My wife and i got back from Budapest 3 weeks ago while there were bombs in Belgrade. We did not feel any anti-American sentiments. Hungarians have no cultural, religious, or regional ties with the Serbs. I enjoyed budapest very much. Remember just because Hungary is North of the Balkans, it doesn't mean there is a likelyhood of the conflict from spreading. Hungary is a member of NATO and life is as ordinary as in Amsterdam, Prague, or Vienna. Don't be surprised if you run into other Americans in Budapest. Enjoy your trip!!!

May 10th, 1999, 05:24 PM
DanL

GO TO BUDAPEST!!!!!!!!!

My wife and i got back from Budapest 3 weeks ago while there were bombs in Belgrade. We did not feel any anti-American sentiments. Hungarians have no cultural, religious, or regional ties with the Serbs. I enjoyed budapest very much. Remember just because Hungary is North of the Balkans, it doesn't mean there is a likelyhood of the conflict from spreading. Hungary is a member of NATO and life is as ordinary as in Amsterdam, Prague, or Vienna. Don't be surprised if you run into other Americans in Budapest. Enjoy your trip!!!

May 11th, 1999, 02:32 PM
Cregg

There have always been wars in the Balkans that is not new. Europe has not been effected by any of them. So go to Budapest, i enjoyed it a lot. The only thing I would worry abou is getting a good taxi, they are clean but you can easily be conned into paying more than you should. always get in taxis that have a company or sponsor. Just a tip