Budapest

Jul 15th, 2001, 04:48 AM
Anthony

Budapest

Has anyone visited Budapest recently and can you please share some experiences? Thanks! Tony

Jul 15th, 2001, 05:25 AM
s.fowler

Tony -- if you type budapest in the text search box at the top you will get a list of recent discussions on the left. When you have taken a look there you can add a question to one of those posts to help keep the conversation going.

Budapest is a wonderful palce to visit and you will find help from many people, but do start with the past posts.

Jul 15th, 2001, 08:12 AM
Art

Also do a search by selecting Hungary from the pull down list. There are many of us who love Hungary and Budapest. I spent 7 days there 2 years ago and could have spent more. After you do a search and have additional questions you may email me.
Regards,
Art

Jul 15th, 2001, 03:05 PM
mark

I was in Budapest this past May - my second time there. My first visit was in May 2000. I concur with Sally and Art regarding Budapest - it's a beautiful city. The wide tree lined boulevards, the geography of the city, the architecture, the food. Probably what draws me back is the relaxed attitude. While some people might think Budapest a little too slow paced - I find Budapest wonderfully relaxing and sophisticated in many ways. It is a city that is intimate and easily walked. Some wonderful moments: drinks in the afternoon at a cafe along the Danube on the Pest side, with street cars and people going by; watching twilght settle over the city at the Royal Palace on Castle Hill; going to the top of St. Stephen's dome; having a picnic on Margetsziget.
The country side is pastoral and easily accessed via public transportation. One day during my second trip a Hungarian friend and I visited a thermal spring near Visegrad that looks out over the Danube Valley - we ate local food, soaked in warm mineral springs, caught some sun, napped - it was blissful.
Planning to go back this fall.

Jul 15th, 2001, 03:05 PM
mark

I was in Budapest this past May - my second time there. My first visit was in May 2000. I concur with Sally and Art regarding Budapest - it's a beautiful city. The wide tree lined boulevards, the geography of the city, the architecture, the food. Probably what draws me back is the relaxed attitude. While some people might think Budapest a little too slow paced - I find Budapest wonderfully relaxing and sophisticated in many ways. It is a city that is intimate and easily walked. Some wonderful moments: drinks in the afternoon at a cafe along the Danube on the Pest side, with street cars and people going by; watching twilght settle over the city at the Royal Palace on Castle Hill; going to the top of St. Stephen's dome; having a picnic on Margetsziget.
The country side is pastoral and easily accessed via public transportation. One day during my second trip a Hungarian friend and I visited a thermal spring near Visegrad that looks out over the Danube Valley - we ate local food, soaked in warm mineral springs, caught some sun, napped - it was blissful.
Planning to go back this fall.

Jul 15th, 2001, 03:10 PM
mark

Sorry about the double post - seems "travel talk" is a bit tempremental today.

Jul 15th, 2001, 03:43 PM
Mark

Thanks for your informative response, Anthony