Search

Brussels hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 06:33 AM
Boo

Brussels hotels

Hi.<BR><BR>Looking for a 3-star hotel in Brussels near Gare du Midi. Any suggestions? Any comments on Hotel Ibis or Hotel De Fierlant?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 06:45 AM
Louis

Stayed at the Novotel once. Steps from Grand Place and Gare du Midi.<BR><BR>Nice hotel.<BR><BR>

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 06:53 AM
BTilke

The Novotel by the Grand'Place is close to the Gare Centrale, not the Gare du Midi. <BR>Boo, is there a reason you want to stay near the Gare du Midi? It's not the best part of town. Would you consider hotels in other parts of town--it's quite easy to reach the Gare du Midi from central Brussels or the Ave. Louise area (from the Ave. Louise area, it's about a 4 minute metro ride)<BR>BTilke (Brussels)

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 08:47 AM
Joe

Boo: Stayed at the Hotel Welcome in May of this year. What a kick. Very large rooms decorated in Medieval clutter. Very nice friendly staff. Clean, about five minute walk to Grand Place, good breakfast, we loved it. Do a find on Hotel Welcome on this board and you will find a number of travelers who have stayed here and liked it.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 09:57 AM
Brussels

There is a nice Best Western adjacent to the North station (the name escapes me) right @ the north edge of the shopping district. I agree, I wouldn't want to stay near the main station.