Reload this Page >

Brugge Hostels or Inexpensive Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 11:55 AM
Victor

Any recommended youth hostels (we're not youths but we're not picky, as long as it's clean). Or comparably priced hotel ie. <BR>$50.00 or less. Walking distance to attractions only. We'll be traveling beginning of May. <BR>

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 02:54 PM
Mike

Victor, I like yourself am also interested in some youth hostels in Brugge or Brussel. I'll be going in about 2 weeks time. If you find any information please let me know. I've located 2 youth hostels going thru YAHOO.COM, however when I go back there I can't find out where I got them! Again let me know if you find anything. Thanks---Mike

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 03:10 PM
edie

DON"T stay at the youth hostel in brugge. there is one, i don't know the name of it, but it's mentioned in LetsGo. i was there at age 21 when i had a great tolerance for discomfort, and this is my experience. <BR>after calling ahead from our previous stop to reserve a private room for three, we got there to find ourselves in a 4 person room with a strange guy( we were three girls) we're not prudes, but this was just not what we wanted and what they said we reserved. we couldn't change, they were booked up. there is a bar on the ground floor which rages literally all night and during the day smells like stale beer, vomit, and urine. AND the bathrooms are coed, i think they have single sex shower rooms, though. AND we all woke up with flea bites, AND we saw rats! find a nice pensione and spend the money on it. if you are traveling around, there are many places with decent youth hostels, esp. Balmers in Interlaken.

Old Jan 14th, 2000, 04:46 AM
victor

To mike and edie: <BR> <BR>I know there is hostel called the Bauhas recommended on the internet as one of the 5 best hostels in Europe. <BR> <BR>Edie that isn't the one you're referring to , is it? <BR> <BR>Mike if you stay there let me know how it is.

Old Jan 16th, 2000, 12:48 PM
Mike

vic, I'll be sure to do that for you! I just sent away for some brouchers I found on Brugge threw a website. check out this site www.laj.de It mentioned something about a hostel but then locked up on me. I haven't gotten back to it yet but will right after I finish reading some of the messages here. Mike

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 12:04 PM
Victor

Still need a budget hotel or hostel. <BR> <BR>Mike, I tried that url , doesn't work, <BR>did you spell it right

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 05:44 PM
Mike

Victor sorry!! Of course i have to be fast witht he fingers. I didn't spell it correctly....sorry!! It's WWW.LAJ.BE <BR> <BR>mike

Old Jan 25th, 2000, 06:17 PM
a

<BR>still needinfo