Bruges to London?

Search

Bruges to London?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruges to London?

I need to get from Bruges to London. Is there a train from Bruges to London or do I have to go back to Brussels and take a train from there? My original plan was to take to the euro star from Brussels to London. But I decided to spend a day in Bruges. Do I have to do a little back tracking or can I keep going forward.
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Neopolitan

We found Bruges to Brussels and then the Eurostar direct to London was our best option.

Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:36 AM

Depends on what time you want to leave. An alternative route is to take an InterCity from Bruges directly to Lille and change to the EuroStar there although it may not be as fast as going back to Brussels.
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

How long is the train to Bruges from brussels and how much did it cost?
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 12:02 PM

Bruges-Brussels takes one hour, trains hourly. with a Eurostar ticket you get an ABS free ticket (All Belgian Stations) where within 48 hours of your Eurostar train you travel free on any train to Brussels - thus the Brussels route would be cheaper than going via Lille, a French station where the ABS won't apply and as Lille-London is only a few bucks cheaper than Brussels-london and Brussels route is about as quick i'd go that way (also no direct Bruges-Lille trains i think and it takes you to Lille Flandres station, about a half-mile walk from the Lille-Europa Eurostar station. Tickets go for as little as $90 one way or round trip Brussels-London (Mon-thu travel between 11am and 3pm) and go up to $150 on Fri, Sat Sun (though senior fares 60 and over or youth fares under 26) on those days would be $90 and $75 respectively.
These fares are hard to get so do as far in advance as possible. I always recommend BETS (800-441-2387) for Eurostar expertise and great service. You can compare fares in pounds at www.eurostar.com or in euros at www.sncf.com but generally they are higher, often much higher than those you can book in U.S., with exception of weekends when sometimes it can be cheaper there than here. You must check in at least 30 mins early to be guaranteed your boarding Eurostar trains. When you buy you must make a seat reservation that on cheapest fares cannot be changed or refunded. Senior and youth fares can be changed once in Europe at no charge up until the time of the train, but subject to availability only.