Search

Bruge or Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruge or Paris

My husband and I will be in Brussels for 3 days before we head to Amsterdam and Germany in August. While we are in Brussels, I originally wanted to take a day trip to Bruges, as I heard it is beautiful. But now I am wondering if we should visit Paris. We have been to Paris before two years ago and it is my favorite city in the world. I know this may be my last chance to ever go back. Will I be missing out if I chose Paris over Bruge? Thanks!!
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 08:26 AM

You have answered your own question - go to Paris - no matter how wonderful Brugge is you'll regret not going to Paris, especially if it's the last time you'll be able to go there. Brugge is nice but there's not much to do there - why don't you do a day trip there from Brussels?
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 08:30 AM
ira

Hi Sam,

>I know this may be my last chance to ever go back.<

I am so sorry to hear that. By all means go to Paris.

I hope that your condition isn't really terminal.

Old Jun 10th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

No, thankfully its not terminal. There are just many reasons I may not return there. Since I have three days in Brussels, maybe I can do one in brussels, one is bruge and one in Paris. I'm just not sure if one is enough for Brussels?
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 08:54 AM

One day is more than enough for most folks in Brussels, to me one of the Europe's least inviting cities and one that has been wrecked by careless demolitions and tacky modern development. Not to so Brussels doesn't have nice residental neighborhoods, museums, etc., but besides the Grand' Place, Pissing Boy statue and Palais Royal area and gardens not much for casual tourist and a day is more than enough - Brugge now is exceptional so you may want to stay there and bag Brussels in my opinion.
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 09:28 AM

Another vote for Paris!

I did a day trip to Bruges several summers ago while visiting Paris. Although a nice day trip, I prefer Paris over Bruges.