Brittany itinerary help

Search

Brittany itinerary help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2018, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brittany itinerary help

Spending 2 weeks in Brittany for the first time in October. While hotels are set, any advice on places not to miss or restaurants to visit along the below itinerary would be greatly appreciated. We live on the ocean, so our general plan is to travel along the coast from South to North, bypassing cities and spending time in smaller places.
Thanks in advance.

Morbihan. 3 nights in Trinite-sur-Mer. Visits to Carnac, Quiberon, Auray and Vannes.

Visit Pont Aven on way to South Finistere.

South Finistere. 4 nights. St. Guenole/Penmarch. Day trips to Pointe du Raz and Crozon peninsulas and their many seaside towns. Concarneau and Quimper.

Cotes-D’Armor. 3 night in Ploumanac’h. Visits to various nearby towns on coast. Paimpol and Ile De Brehat.

Travel along coast from St Brieuc along coast road thru Cap Frehel to Dinard.
Dinard 3 nights. Visits to St Malo and Dinan.

Then leave Brittany and on to MSM and Bayeux.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Old Sep 20th, 2018, 04:46 PM
kja

In Ploumanac’h, I can’t recommend the Restaurant des Rochers enthusiastically enough!

In St. Malo, you can get a wonderful galette with a view of the water from the wall-top Le Corps de Garde.
Old Sep 20th, 2018, 06:57 PM

Sounds good. We had a good meal at a one or two star restaurant in Pont Aven, but I do not remember the name. I wrote a couple of trip reports that include Brittany, starting with a 2003 report beginning in Ghent. Don't miss the calvaires in western Brittany.
To whet your appetite: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjrz9U32 most of the pictures are geotagged which would give you an idea of where in Brittany.
Old Sep 20th, 2018, 11:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Brittany still has a shed load of pre-historic standing stones that you might keep an eye out for (or surf the web). Don't miss DInan. (Dinard is fine if a little dull). I've stayed in both and visited both a number of times and Dinan is where I would stay.

Brehat, do take the walk from the lading point to the other side of the island (s).

Fougeres take a look