british airways club flat bed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi everyone,<BR><BR>I was looking at the BA special talked about below and went looking at the BA site and for the first time noticed their club class called club flat bed.<BR><BR>has anyone here ever traveled with them on that class? if so, how was it? To me, this looks like the ultimate in airline travel? price wise, is it just a step down from first class? do any of our american companies have anything similar to this class?<BR><BR>from what I can tell, they have coach, world traveler plus(kind of like a cross between our coach/business), club cradle(like our business), then this club flat bed, then first class. <BR><BR>any experience with traveling in any of the classes above their economy/coach?<BR>
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 12:00 AM

BA have up to 4 cabin classes - though not all are available on all routes, either because of the nature of the routing (short haul flights in Europe only have Euro traveller and Club Europe, which incidentally is a complete rip-off) or because not all aircraft are yet updated.<BR><BR>On long haul flights you can expect World Traveller (&quot;coach class&quot; in US-speak), World Traveller Plus (which has virtually indistinguishable food and in-flight entertainment from WT, but does have much improved 2-4-2 seating with 37&quot; seat pitch), Club World (re-fitted aircraft all have &quot;flat beds&quot;, but older aircraft may still have conventional business class seating) and finally First (which again have seats that convert into 6'6&quot; beds). All the details are available at www.ba.com.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 02:33 AM

I was lucky enough to be upgraded to Business on BA last September. Heathrow to Logan. It was fabulous! There were only 15 of us in the section. The service was great, the food was quite good (go on, have another bisquit - they're lovely), the seat was soooo comfortable. I didn't sleep because it was daytime, but I reclined and was completely relaxed when I left the plane.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 05:36 AM

We flew Club Class last year and thought it was wonderful, never having flown anything besides coach. The flight from the US to London did have the seat that folded out to a bed and also a footstool you could use while sitting. It was very comfortable.<BR><BR>The flight from London to Istanbul did not have the flat bed seats, presumably because it was a smaller plane and a shorter route during the daytime hours.<BR><BR>We had several choices of movies at the same time although you couldn't choose when they started like you can in first class. The meal was much better than typical coach on the way over but they ran out of choices on the way back.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 05:43 AM

I noticed these seats on my trip last summer. I was so envious!!!!!! Wish I could afford them.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 05:54 AM

I haven't had the privelege of flying BA in ClubWorld yet, but I do find it interesting that the seats are arranged so that some face &quot;forward, and the one next to faces &quot;rearward&quot;....<BR>I'd like to try it just to see what takeoff and landing were like when you face the &quot;wrong way&quot;!!<BR>Best wishes.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 06:15 AM

It's fine either way, and the opposite facing seats were designed to give you more privacy (especially when the little curtain between seats is up). The flat beds are a real treat. I travel alot for business so get to fly Club class alot. I don't tend to sleep well on planes, but even so, just the fact of being able to have your feet level with your head is so much more restful than any other seat.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 10:18 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm with Monique... I only walked thru the cabin on my way WAY back to coach, but those BA bed/seats looked HEAVENLY!