Reload this Page >

Bresse chicken??

Search

Bresse chicken??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 07:40 PM
John

Bresse chicken??

Am headed to Lyon this month and want to try Bresse chicken. Anyone know where I can get a good Bresse chicken meal there??

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 07:44 PM
Chris

Le Nord or Le Merciere.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 04:08 AM
Luis

John: <BR> <BR>While in Lyon, you can try eating at Chez Hugon, a lovely classic "buchon Lyonnais" which generally has Poule de Bresse..or if you want to be upscale, call ahead and eat at Leon de Lyon. However, if Leon de Lyon is not in your budget, Le Bistrot de Lyon which is moderately priced.. <BR> <BR>Luis

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 07:18 AM
wendy

There is a great article on Bresse chicken in the August edition of France Magazine.....

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 07:50 AM
Tom

I'm going as well, and have seen Bresse chicken mentioned in the restaurant write ups. What exactly is it? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>Tom

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:33 AM
Tracy

OK kids, here's the English page from the city of Bresse tourist pages: <BR> <BR>http://www.bourg-en-bresse.org/english/fr_deg.html <BR> <BR>Have a look at the top link, Bresse poultry. And, any time you see 'demi-deuil' poultry on a restaurant menu (& you can afford it!) order it: it's 'semi-mourning' style bird, where slivers of black truffle are arranged between the skin and flesh of the bird. Under the roast skin, you can see all the black . . . depending on what time of year you hit Lyon, you may or may not see this on the cartes . . . <BR> <BR>Happy eating, safe travels! <BR>= ) T