Breakfast or No Breakfast Hotel Pulitzer

Jan 4th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Original Poster

Breakfast or No Breakfast Hotel Pulitzer

We are staying in Barcelona in the Middle of May at the Hotel Pulitzer for 4 days. They offer a breakfast for 16 euro/person. Do you think my wife and I should avail of this service or venture outside? We are concerned if may be the same dishes offered everyday or that we may be missing out on great Catalan breakfast or brunch elsewhere?
Jan 4th, 2012, 09:52 PM

I can't answer your question, but if you ate able to hit the 'tag' key and tag it for Spain you may get more answers.
Jan 4th, 2012, 10:35 PM

€16 is very expensive. Head outside and find your favourite place....
Jan 4th, 2012, 11:13 PM

I would automatically opt out of any hotel breakfast, especially somewhere like Barcelona where you can find soemthing interesting like churros and hot chocolate. If on Day 2, you want breakfast at the hotel, they won't turn you away.
Jan 4th, 2012, 11:38 PM

I just used Google Street View and there are three good looking breakfast cafeteria pretty close (you don't need to go to a bar for a snack). In the cafeteria you can go mad on coffee/tea, fruit juice and a range of pastries, fruit and yoghurt for about Euro 6 each.
Jan 5th, 2012, 01:53 AM

The big question for me is what the breakfast includes. Are you a carb person or a protein person? If you have to have protein, the churro on the corner isn't going to do you much good, but I agree with alihutch: it is a lot of money.

So don't make up your mind until you get there. I have never stayed in a hotel where you could not change your mind about breakfast right up to the last minute.

Scout out the places bilboburger has found, then decide.
Jan 5th, 2012, 02:59 AM

Unless you are a giant breakfast eater breakfast is almost always a rip off many cheaper better fresher eats outside the
hotel.Lukewarm buffets can be hazardous to your health perfect culture media for travelers diarrhea bacteria #1
cause of travel medical disability in Spain and worldwide really.

eurocheapo.com/barcelona
Jan 5th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

great advice guys. thanks.
Jan 5th, 2012, 06:41 AM

in Barcelona we were staying at quite a big hotel with breakfast costing €15 with far more than we wanted to eat at that time. instead of that, we walked about 5 minutes down the road to a little cafe where we got loads of coffee, freshly squeezed orange and a pastry for €6 each, and for €12 each we could have had a feast.

But by just having the basics, we made sure that we had room for a decent lunch later on!
Jan 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

awesome. i look forward finding a gem for breakfast. hopefully i'll have some in our area.