Reload this Page >

Breakfast buffets?

Search

Breakfast buffets?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 04:04 PM
Starshiptrooper

Breakfast buffets?

Yahnno, one of the most important features of any hotel in Europe, or anywhere, is whether that particular hotel offers a hot brekfast buffet. <BR> <BR>When I travel to Europe, I enjoy it much when the hotel offers a hot breakfast buffet that includes fried and scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages. <BR> <BR>Just sitting there in the restaraunt watching those eggs and bacon and stuff sitting in that serving tray, makes me just crave it all the more. <BR> <BR>When I see that, it's open up the floodgates and shovel it on in baby. <BR> <BR>I remember seeing this somewhat elderly couple standing in line at the breakfast buffet at this hotel in Zurich. Seeing all those goodies in the servaining container made this man say. Lookie there at all those goodies? His wife said: Noooowww Henry, remember you're on a diet. Henry said: Ahhhhhhh diet schmiet. <BR> <BR>The next 20 minutes saw me laughing until my sides split. <BR> <BR>But yahnno, I can understand where ole Henry was coming from though. Nothing like having a good hot breakfast. <BR> <BR>Now I don't wanta to say that healhty breakfast options are not the way to go either. Some people actually like a hotel that serves the more traditional European breakfast. Fruits, rolls,maye even danish and coffee and OJ of course. And I certainly eat more healthy on when I'm at home, but when I'm on holiday, it's: HEYYYYY MAC, WANTA BACK THAT BIG TRUCK OF GOODIES UP AND DROP THOSE GOODIES HERE DUDE. <BR> <BR>But I also enjoy the cerals at the breakfast buffets. I like it when they have cocco crispies. Trick is to pour a bunch of milk into a big ole bowl. Then pour the cocco krispies into the bowl. Once you've eaten all the cocco krispies, you can turn the bowl upside down and drink the milk, which by this time has turned all chocolety and stuff. Makes some mighty good eatin' <BR> <BR>Next time I'll talk about the dinning pleasures of eatin' ribs with lotsa beer and junk.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 04:39 PM
Donna

My husband and I hardly ever crave those ultra fat-laden breakfast foods, except while traveling and walking past the ubiquitous "breakfast buffet". Fortunately, due to the time difference, when arriving in Europe, we're more ready for lunch than breakfast when we get going every day. If you're not used to it on a usual basis, eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese, pastries, gobs of butter, and lots of jelly full of sugar, do a real number on your body's "symphony". The calories are not of much concern, as you're bound to walk them off throughout the day. But, the jolt to your body's chemistry is a bummer the rest of the day and often thereafter.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 11:14 PM
Eli

Well spoken, Starshiptrooper! I can hardly wait for your next passage...

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 03:45 AM
mauld

I find one of the biggest benefits of those European buffet breakfasts are the full range of rolls, fruits, meats & cheeses laid out. After I have my breakfast, I'll usually make another trip to the buffet and prepare my 'portable lunch' from the selection. <BR>Then carefully wrap it up and take it with me for munching on later in the day.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 11:18 PM
Melissa

Strange but true: My niece was thrilled to have all the hard-boiled eggs she wanted. <BR> <BR>My brother was thrilled to be able to make a sandwich spread with butter, layered with meat, cheese, meat, cheese, meat, and then whatever leftover hard-boiled egg my niece didn't eat. I'm serious--his breakfast sandwich was so outrageous we had to take a picture of it! <BR> <BR>My mom was so thrilled by breakfast buffets the first time she went to Europe, she brought ziploc bags the next time so she could be like michelle and pack a snack....or two....or three.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 10:04 PM
hmmm?

interesting