Bosphorus cruise in February?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2015, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm preparing for a mid-February week in Istanbul, and would like to include a Bosphorus cruise, specifically one of the more-or-less all-day ones that goes up to the Black Sea, has a lunch break at a small port on the Black Sea, and then returns.

I've got lots of information, I'm very excited...but I can't pin down whether that cruise is available in February. I'd appreciate any answers!

Thanks...
Old Jan 23rd, 2015, 05:51 AM

There are several tour operators and each of them offers several tours, so you have hundreds of options. They specify on their website which tour is available. There are some tours which start not before April 1, other tours are available year-round.

Be aware that it might be cold and rainy in February. I remember that we even had snowfall on February 20 some years ago.
Old Jan 23rd, 2015, 08:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The only standard long cruise is provided by the municipality commuter sea lines. Details are here :

http://en.sehirhatlari.com.tr/en

There are shorter private cruises, leaving Eminonu, by the Galata Bridge at the old town, or by the last stop of the tram at Kabatas or from Besiktas if you are staying near Taksim or Nisantasi.

You can pick up the standard long cruise from Besiktas also, I believe.

If you do not wish to stay too many hours at the last stop, Anadolo Kavagi, get off the boat at the pier before at Rumeli Kavagi, eat there at possibly a better restaurant and then take land transport back, bus, minibus or taxi, visiting other locations like Sabanci museum, Emirgan Park, Sadberk Hanim museum, Ortakoy, Rumeli Hisar fortress, etc.
Old Jan 24th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you for the information!