Search

Bored in London

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2002, 12:15 PM
bored

Bored in London

Not a Troll posting. <BR><BR>Sitting in my hotel's business center surfing the Internet. Not sure how I thought London would compare with Paris or Prague. Know I know, it does not. My wife and I are not impressed, hence the fact that I am on the Internet. At dinner we looked at each other and said, no thanks not again. Stick to mainland Europe in the future. More later when I return if you would like more details

Old May 28th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Santa Chiara

You poor thing.

Old May 28th, 2002, 12:24 PM
xxxxxxx

Well stay home and keep your comments to yourself.

Old May 28th, 2002, 12:24 PM
elvira

My heart goes out to both of you.

Old May 28th, 2002, 12:25 PM
julie

Good lord!! Get off your duff and walk down to Covent Garden, have a look at St. Pauls, Go visit the queen, look around Westminister where many of the world's famous are buried, take in a concert at St. Martin's in the Field. Better yet, come here and tend my garden and I will do London for you!!!

Old May 28th, 2002, 12:27 PM
xxx

I will tell you what I tell my kids. "you are bored because you are boring!"

Old May 28th, 2002, 12:27 PM
Vita

Bored, I understand how you feel. That was my impression my first couple of days in London, but my impression changed the more I explored the city. London has so much to offer. I think just have to look a little harder. What do you like? You have the theatre, museums, galleries, and yes there are charming little areas to stroll around. Maybe you could try talking a walk with London walks. They have themed tours where you can explore Shakespearean or Dickensian London, if that interests you. Have a nice time while you're there.

Old May 28th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Patrick

While I must admit that not everybody will have the same degree of love for a particular city, I'm trying to figure out what you are looking for.<BR>What is it you enjoy doing while visiting another city? I'm trying to think of anything you might enjoy doing in any other city that you can't do in London, or at least something very similar. <BR>

Old May 28th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Sam

When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford. <BR><BR>-- Samuel Johnson, 1791

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:01 PM
lovelondon

Well said Samuel!

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:11 PM
janis

You did not (could not?) provide any details of what you expected/what you miss/ what would not bore you. <BR><BR>Either a Troll, Or someone who needs everything done for them, Or just a hopeless bored/boring person.<BR><BR><BR>Frankly I am not impressed by YOUR complaint.<BR>

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:18 PM
aa

Just a little helpful hint.<BR><BR>GET OFF YOU DUFF AND GET MOVING. YOU WILL NEVER ENJOY ANYTHING ABOUT LONDON IF YOU SPEND YOUR TIME ON THE NET!!!!!!

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Carol

I love London!!!! And I loved it from the minute I arrived. But then I love history and British history is so fascinating and it is everywhere you look in London. If you still have time, go to the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, and St. Paul's Cathedral (the later 2 for the architecture also). If you have a full day left, take the train out to Windsor Castle. For a great view of the city, go up in the London Eye, the huge ferris wheel on the South Bank. Or just stroll through the gorgeous parks and gardens - Kensington Gardens and St. James Park, for example. London is so much larger and more spread out than most other European cities -- very much like New York City in that respect -- that you really have to get out and explore the different neighborhoods (there is no one central square to make it easy on you). Please don't leave without seeing/doing something in the city -- I think you will regret it if you do.

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:40 PM
EIIR

We, too. We are pleased to be in Scotland this week, instead of Our quarters in London. We think their beer is gud.

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Uncle Sam

Bored in London!?!<BR><BR>My dear Watson, call Sherlock...there's a case here I'm sure!<BR><BR>Perhaps just a nut case, but definitely a case!<BR><BR>US

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:58 PM
MMM

All I can say is if you can be bored in London you need your head examined. Get out of that hotel and start walking and "seeing" things. I can believe that not everyone likes the same cities to the same degree, but finding London boring is really beyond belief. You are a sad person (or sad troll .. whatever)

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Dan

I'm sorry you find London boring. Check the phone book and see if you can find an Olive Garden.

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Susan

I can easily understand your problem. If you don't enjoy art or architecture, find theatre and music boring, don't enjoy nice restaurants, hate shopping, are bored with trips on river boats or canal boats, dislike museums and galleries, find history boring, don't enjoy street entertainment or markets, think gardens are boring, don't like nightclubs or evening entertainment, dislike old homes, castles, and other buildings, think pub walks or Jack the Ripper walks are a total bore, and think that walking is boring, then I agree. LONDON IS BORING!!!

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Bore

So pack up and go home, already. You think we care?

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Jpr

I too was bored in London on my first visit there. I was disappointed in the city. I went back a few months later to see if it was me or is London really dull. Well, it was better the next time, but still not the most exciting place on the earth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -