Booking Hotels Greek Islands

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi wonder if you could advise me on when to book Hotels in Mykonos, Naxos & Santorini for next May. I have booked flights into Mykonos & out of Santorini but unable to book inter island ferries yet. Unsure on if I should book without ferry reservations. Many thanks in advance.
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 01:01 AM
GBC

This is a difficult question. We were in Santorini and Naxos in late April. We found that the tourist aspects there were just waking up from their off-season slumber so it was difficult to get any response at all. It was a first trip so we didn't know if we were just too early or if we were making some mistake. If you have a particular place you want to stay and are pretty firm about it you may find it is a good idea to book before they take their winter holidays.

PS In my view, your plan to fly to/from the islands is a good one. It worked well for us.
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 03:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks GBC I had totally overlooked the winter season . I imagine it could be difficult booking after November up until April . I can at least book Mykonos & Santorini. What did you think of Naxos ?
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Forgot to ask does anyone know when the ferry schedule is available for May 2008.
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 01:08 PM
GBC

We enjoyed Naxos very much. We felt that it was a very good contrast to Santorini (which was wonderful) and reflected considerably less tourist impact. We rented a tiny car and stayed at Kavos. During our stay in Greece the sunsets on Santorini were very special - the ones on Naxos were even better. Naxos is known for the beaches. In late April it was too early to swim but we still enjoyed walking them and searching for shells. Have a great trip.
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks GBC looking forward to it