Search

Booking B&Bs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Booking B&Bs

I'll be spending all of September in England. I plan two weeks in London (I HATE to try to do too many things in one day). I have a B&B reservation for that time. My question is, is it too early to reserve rooms in the other areas (Salisbury, Bath, Exeter, Cornwall, Oxford)?
Old Feb 15th, 2004, 07:54 AM

Absolutely not too early to make reservations. I had all of my reservations made in December for my upcoming trip to Wales in September. The only thing I cannot do early is buy my BritRail Pass. You must activate it within 3 months of purchase.
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 08:15 AM

Dallas - are you certain about having to activate your BritRail Pass within THREE months of purchase? When I've purchased them (3 tims in the past) it has been six months, unless they've changed that policy within the last year? I just ordered my BritRail passes for my trip commencing March 30, so whether it's 3 or 6 months won't be an issue on this trip, but I'm pretty sure you still have a six month window to activate.
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 08:20 AM

Hi nolwood,
It is not too early to make your reservation at a B&B. I have hesitated in the past and was not able to get into the ones I really liked.I do, however, always ask for their cancellation policy. After all, you never know.
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 08:23 AM

Nolwood: There really isn't any reason to book any B&Bs outside of London ahead of time UNLESS you want to stay in a specific one.

Late September is not a busy time in most tourist areas - in fact most B&Bs and cottages reduce their rates after the first week in September.

You could easily find rooms just about anywhere as you travel around. But if you want to have them arranged a little ahead you can always go to any of the Tourist Information Centers in London - like on Regent St or in Victoria station - and they will book places for you. Or even better - to give you flexibility as you travel around - use the TIC in any town to book your next night's lodging.